Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lord Of The Rings

dazwan

Went to see LOTR yesterday Afternoon. (Was surprised that over half the seats were empty, but the cinema wouldn't sell me a Premiere seat so I had to sit in the Pleb seating :angry: ). Just some advice as well, some of the cinema's have mentioned they will be having a 15 minute intermission. I'd recommend you go for on of these as the film is 3.5 hrs long and you'll need the break, especially if you're a fan of those supersize drinks.

Absolutely FANTASTIC! By far the best of the three films. Much better than I thought it would be.

I don't want to say too much seeing as I keep forgetting that most people haven't read the book (which is IMO even better than the film). Just got to wait for all the films to come out in an extended versions boxset. Then I can look forward to wasting an entire weekend just watching the films! (I once did it with all the Star Treks, at the time 7 films over 3 days :eek: )

Cool, i am going to see it tommorow at 10:30am, without a doubt the LOTR trilogy

is the best movies in years.

i cant wait!.... I am gonna see it too... loadsa popcorn, hotdogs, nachos more pop corn, pretzel 2 bars of fruit and nut and a large coke followed by a family size pack of minstrels and a packet of polos!

hey i'm not fat.. just festively plump

:angry::thumbsup:

your the type of person I ate in Cinemas! I want to watch...and listen to the film...not to people chomping!!! and wresting packets, slurping on straws... which is why I prefer to wait until the mad rush is over..and go when it's quieter...can at least watch the film in peace then!

Vipes

GORDY's Review time.......

Went to see The Return of the King at UGC yesterday. The second showing on the first day of release.

As the schools hadn't broken up yet I knew I could enjoy it without loadsa babbling teens....... :lol:

The GF was with me. She had Nachos - I had Nachos - so we were all set....... :thumbsup:

About 3.25 hours later we walked out into the cold afternoon with a big smile on our faces........

Another epic tale of adventure, trials & tribulations, friendship, loss, victory and a great and happy ending with an old face making a return at the end........... :!Removed!:

We get inside Smeegals mind a bit more with this film and he absolutley is one of the best characters from any movie ever. Love the guy....... :thumbsup:

Now I wouldn't say that this was the best of the three - they were all fantastic in their own right. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Easily the best film of the year...... :)

I'm gutted cos there is no more to look forward to next year...... :crybaby:

Roll on the box set :drool:

your the type of person I ate in Cinemas!

blimey... if you gonna eat me please make sure you dont eat my nachos... never touch a mans nachos!!!

your the type of person I ate in Cinemas!

blimey... if you gonna eat me please make sure you dont eat my nachos... never touch a mans nachos!!!

Steve - you are so right there.

Never get between a man and his Nachos - unless you are a tasty pot of tangy salsa or melted cheese..... :drool::drool::drool:

I went to see a midnight showing on wednesday with about 15 friends. IMO, the film was exceptional! Tho I haven't lived two decades yet, I'd dare to say that they're the most well-done films of my lifetime. I have the extended editions of the first two, and I hope they come out with one for the third as well. ALL should see this!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm a big LOTR fan anyway, but this is the best film i have seen to-date.

Cant wait for the 24hr dvd extended, special edition, directors cut trilogy :P

• 2 weeks later...

I belive they are also thinking about doing the hobbit as well.

This is comercilism (can't spell) gone mad though...first the film...then the DVD...then the extended dvd (for all three films) then the box set....then probably the extended box set....then they will do the hobbit...so you'll get the hobbit DVD...then the extended one...then the box set of four.....it does kinda take the :censor: Espially when DVD's are so cheap to manufacture.

Then guess what....DVD will be no more in around two years time. Blue Disc is here - been in Japan for a while now. Uses a blue laser rather than a red one (blue light has a shorter wave length then red) so..you can cram more information on a DVD...upto 10 times as much in fact...so next we will see feature length films on a bit of plastic about the size of a 10p.

but yes.... this won't be compatible with current DVD's....although they are that cheap to make now, I would think the new blue ray disc players with have dual lasers..one red, one blue.

Vipes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links