Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Windscreen

GregP

Maybe this is silly question but I am not sure...I got a very bad chip on my windscreen that can not be fixed so I need new windscreen. That can be replaced by Autoglass but what about Toyota warranty? Can I loose it in any way if the job is not done by Toyota centre? Thanks for your answers...

Maybe this is silly question but I am not sure...I got a very bad chip on my windscreen that can not be fixed so I need new windscreen. That can be replaced by Autoglass but what about Toyota warranty? Can I loose it in any way if the job is not done by Toyota centre? Thanks for your answers...

I think that you will find that Autoglass will use a genuine Toyota windscreen and that if you took your car in to a Toyota centre they will probably sub contract Autoglass to carry out the work.

If it worries you that much it may be a good idea to give your Toyota dealer a call to confirm the details re warranty :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

What happens to the Rain Sensor, if we ever need to change the windscreen? Does that needs to be replaced too or is it kind of like easy on/easy off procedure where no additional costs needed?

• 1 month later...

sorry to dig up an old post, but i always like to search for anything similar first.

I have the same problem with a big chip in the windscreen.

GregP, did you find out whether your warranty will be affected or not. My replacement will be done by rac autowindscreens as i work 400yrds from their head office and they can get my car in their place where it should be the perfect environment for changing it.

the other question i want to ask is can you get hold of the little sticker in the top left of the windscreen (looking from inside) that warns any would be thief that the car has an alarm anywhere. because after being the victim of a break-in on my last car i want a visible warning that the car is alarmed as i really dont want all the hassle i had last time of filling out police statements and insurance claim forms, and all the other crap that goes with it.

cheers

Rob,

I had to have a new windscreen fitted to my 07 plate t-spirit a week after picking it up as a stone hit it at 80mph on the m'way!!!

Warranty is not affected as autoglass (who were the people that toyota themselves recommended) fitted toyota windscreen identical to the original. The rain sensor simply peels off and is stuck on the new screen. The only problem they had wirth mine was getting the old screen out!!! It had to be cut out as it was stuck in that well!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links