Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc Trc And Engine Lights

Woodyatlarge

I am still having trouble with my VSC ,TRC,and Engine lights after fitting induction kit.

I have uploaded a picture for you to look at of my setup and the pipe ive blocked ...can someone please tell me if the pipe ime holding in the picture is the one to block off...This is the one I have blocked....

picture here http://www.flickr.com/photos/60271966@N00/...234774/sizes/l/

I don't know about what pipe to block off or not to block off.. or if you need to block one offg at all... but I do know that most who have fitted induction kits have had problems with e CEL coming on.. never heard of the TRC.VSC light coming on though.

It's a common fault, The CEL, VSC and TRC OFF lights all come on at once. The computers recognises the fault and switches all the elctronics off. (not ALL obv...) It's just a case of resetting it all the time. I have a PDF which tells me how to correctly install the Typhoon kit but not any other.

Woody, send me your E-Mail address on PM and I'llforward it to you - It might help you see which pipe to block off.

im sure i blocked that on mine, i have typhoon though. are the wires to the air sensor on the induction kit stretched like the typhoons ?

im sure i blocked that on mine, i have typhoon though. are the wires to the air sensor on the induction kit stretched like the typhoons ?

No there is no stretch on the wires at all

my compressor cut out on me the other day cos one of the wirer joining to the air flow sensor(as it was initially stretched) was had broke off.. at that point the vsc and engine lit came on and the engine cut out.

stuck the wirer back in an extened all the wirers and reset the ecu and the car running fine now.. thank the Lord

shaun

same thing happened to me on my compressor with the KnN ,

had to go to breakers and get a used MAF plug with 8 inches of wire attached and extend the loom , least now it has a bit of play on it and should prevent it happeneing again ,

i had read this happeneinf before so when i saw the lights come i had a gut feeling right away what it was

stephen

my compressor cut out on me the other day cos one of the wirer joining to the air flow sensor(as it was initially stretched) was had broke off.. at that point the vsc and engine lit came on and the engine cut out.

stuck the wirer back in an extened all the wirers and reset the ecu and the car running fine now.. thank the Lord

shaun

same thing with me, how did you reconect the wires to the air sensor >?

Woody

In your pic here:

2484234774_686d849f97.jpg

You have the pipe coming out of the small inline filter to the T piece and one connection coming off the top of the tee piece. You need to remove the T Piece and connect the left and top hoses on the T piece together and then block up your tap on the air filter/maf housing.

The rest of the pipework was to a solenoid used to control the flap on the back of the airbox.

The problem is that the ECU is seeing a different mixture caused by said pipework. I've had this, done as above and not had any problems since.

HTH

shaun

same thing with me, how did you reconect the wires to the air sensor >?

just take out the rubber holding the wirer in the clip.. extend new wirer stick it through the rubber hosing and jam it back in there..lol

Sorted it out ,these two rubber pipes do nothing for the induction kit at all they controlled the flap on the origional airbox as you said. One does not need to be blocked and one does not go into the induction kit,the two pipes should be cable tied away.

My instructions for this kit told me to do this I wonder how Powtec worked this out ...thanks to you all and the guys at http://www.reallymeansounds.com/

forum..

For the lads with the wiring problems with the typhoon, I had the same problem and was really worried about mine, it's way too tight and a bit of design flaw really. I had one of these a while back to fit a filter from my Type R onto the CRX, and remembered it being a tad longer than what K&N supplied. I've bought one, which is about half an inch longer so freeing up the wire a lot, although it does stretch that double headed rubber screw a little!

Sorry I can't get the eBay link to work, but the numbers 8055250945.

Cheers.

For the lads with the wiring problems with the typhoon, I had the same problem and was really worried about mine, it's way too tight and a bit of design flaw really. I had one of these a while back to fit a filter from my Type R onto the CRX, and remembered it being a tad longer than what K&N supplied. I've bought one, which is about half an inch longer so freeing up the wire a lot, although it does stretch that double headed rubber screw a little!

Sorry I can't get the ebay link to work, but the numbers 8055250945.

Cheers.

scoob everytime i see you post i can help but admire your list of previous cars, nice work ! few of them i would rather have than the t sport though :)

Sorry I can't get the ebay link to work, but the numbers 8055250945.

Cheers.

scoob everytime i see you post i can help but admire your list of previous cars, nice work ! few of them i would rather have than the t sport though :)

Thanks for that, Borodaz - much appreciated! :thumbsup: Although my parents and long suffering girlfriend may disagree :rolleyes:

The T-Sports a really decent car, and maybe I just appreciate it a little more after having so many. I seen an Evo FQ 320 (think thats what it's called!) in the Shell station last night and got that 'itch' again. Wasn't till he tore off that I thought about that 3 second romp up the road probably costing him a fiver! :lol: See, the T-Sports not so bad after all!!

That is a really impressive list of cars though mate!

Heres mine!

2002 - Ford fiesta

2003 - Ferrari 360 Moderna

2004 - Bugatti Veyron

2005 - TVR Tuscan speed six

2006 - Lambugini Gallardo

2007 - Toyota Corolla T Sport

lol some of mine, may be a LITTLE bit exagerated :P but out of all of them the CTS is definatly the best!

Heres mine!

2002 - Ford fiesta

2004 - Bugatti Veyron

lol some of mine, may be a LITTLE bit exagerated :P but out of all of them the CTS is definatly the best!

:lol::thumbsup:

Heres mine!

2002 - Ford fiesta

2004 - Bugatti Veyron

Lol!! Think I prefer your list to be honest though matey! :lol:

There's still a few I feel I'll have to own one day though...... :rolleyes:

Cheers!! :D

In reply to the traction control lights etc coming on after fitting induction kit, all you should need to do is remove the negative Battery terminal and leave off for 5-10mins. This gives the ECUs time to reset and they shouldn't be on when you refit the terminal. Had exactly the same problem when fitting my induction kit.

In reply to the traction control lights etc coming on after fitting induction kit, all you should need to do is remove the negative battery terminal and leave off for 5-10mins. This gives the ECUs time to reset and they shouldn't be on when you refit the terminal. Had exactly the same problem when fitting my induction kit.

Its allsorted now...thanks

what caused it , or did you just wipe the code

what caused it , or did you just wipe the code

Just had it connected up incorrectly :P

I had mine done wrong until not too long ago, I was forever wiping the code. Got annoying.

• 15 years later...

I’m about to fit a cone filter with maf adapter from eBay but don’t know what to do with these small vac pipes can anyone help me clearly in what to do with each pipe? 

I don’t want the engine lights coming on and would like it to be fitted correctly, I’ve seen many people have problems cause they’ve not known fully what to do with each pipe 

TA! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links