Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Owner Quite Liked The Sr180 That Passed Me

BeefyFR

Hi everyone,

as stated above im a seat driver (Ibiza FR TDi). The other day i was been followed by an Auris in white and i thought it looked good,when he got a space to over take me he did and he sped off.when i caught up with him i saw that it had SR180 on boot.

So been having a look at toyotas website as didnt realise they did that sort of engine in a small car and in white looked pretty good.So am really asking for info off people with the Sr180.(lot of kit as standard too)

Thinking of changing seat soon as 2year old and the auris has caught my eye-i love diesel performance and quite like the thought of 400nm of torque(mine has 310nm :) which is plenty of shove) so 400nm :D must be awsome.

What is a good price for this car,seen that on drivethedeal.com they knock about 3k off list price-is this reasonable?

Also any info on what they are like good and bad would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Graham

ps havent done a search yet so if this has been discussed elsewhere let me know and will search for it!

Hi everyone,

as stated above im a seat driver (Ibiza FR TDi). The other day i was been followed by an Auris in white and i thought it looked good,when he got a space to over take me he did and he sped off.when i caught up with him i saw that it had SR180 on boot.

So been having a look at toyotas website as didnt realise they did that sort of engine in a small car and in white looked pretty good.So am really asking for info off people with the Sr180.(lot of kit as standard too)

Thinking of changing seat soon as 2year old and the auris has caught my eye-i love diesel performance and quite like the thought of 400nm of torque(mine has 310nm :) which is plenty of shove) so 400nm :D must be awsome.

What is a good price for this car,seen that on drivethedeal.com they knock about 3k off list price-is this reasonable?

Also any info on what they are like good and bad would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Graham

ps havent done a search yet so if this has been discussed elsewhere let me know and will search for it!

Many people aren't happy about their Auris. Must to be every month at the dealers garage because of the different problems. I had problems with squeaky brakes from the beginning, and now when Toyota released new details which should improve the squeking it just continues. Same thing with wheel balancing. The balancing just got wrong, and when I went to my dealer to make things right, after one day the balancing went wrong again.

Because of the Wiper Blades (which are rubbish) you can't see whats happening on the road. Especially when it's dark. The glass is full of different kind of lines and other *****! Also the interior is very unpractical and when you touch somewhere, there will be your fingerprint and because of the plastic you'll got scratches everywhere (very easy scratchable plastic used).

Good thing are the look, the interior looks nice with the gearstick which is placed high. My petrol 1.6 engine is just great, but don't like the MM-T -gears, which do everything what they want, but nothing what driver does! But I think you're not considering that type of gears. Toyota's image is also good as a practical car, and the repair -prices aren't the highest ones. With that type of engine I think that you'll get pretty nicelooking and -going car. If you're ready to take the risk of having some small problems and travelling the distance between your home and Toyota dealer more often than if you'll buy some other car or Toyota model, this car is just for you!

Sounds like the auris has a few problems but so does my seat,squeaks and rattles and the same dodgy wipers and poor headlights so driving in the dark and wet especially with 310nm of torque at 1900rpm always fun especially when traction control seems to control power when it wants to-but these are the things that are good to know before purchasing anything.so thanks for quick response

No problem!

For me it's just hard to think that those problems are normal and are pretty same in all cars after having Toyota Yaris for five years. It hadn't any problems during that period. Once it's Battery went empty + had to do everything what is done during normal service program at Toyota Dealer... Nothing else, that was a miracle then i think :) Was one nice car though!

No car is perfect, but I absolutly love driving the SR180, i do more driving now than what i did when i never had the SR180. Its just a fun car to drive, I have seen people mention that they dont think it handles all that well, Trust me it does. The suspension is not rock solid, but its stiff enough to handle the stick that i give it and dampened enough to be a comfortable drive. I don't know if its just me, but I am not too overwhelmed with the acceleration, It doesnt feel fast enough for me. You would have to drive one to decide for yourself. But i will be disappointed when the day comes that i have to drive something else

That's the great thing about owning a T180 or SR. Wrecking other people's egos as you destroy their much beloved and hyped up BMWs etc. when you cream them.

i bought the t180 as soon as it was released so absolutly no chance to fix any problems it may have had.

I've had it over a year and no problems apart from some brake squeal which was fixed very easily.

Love it, fast, v.comfortable and loads of things as standard including sunroof and keyless entry that the SR doesnt have.

Not sure on prices although you get a good reliable car for a good price if you go ex-demo.

Speed wise, you get used to how quick it goes. On the move its shoves v.well but you forget how well. I hardly get any chances to go from pretty much a standing start to NSL speeds but when you do you reliased how quick it goes from practically nothing. Moving through the gears shows you how quick it is and as i say you dont get changes to do that with its gearing. You can only go 1 -> 2 -> 3 because any higher than that and you'll loose your liscense.

3rd will take you from 20mph to 70mph very very quickly and you just cant judge the speed as the revs go up and speed increases. Just the way it delivers power - chipped its probably a monster and i'd be scared of loosing my liscense.

My Ibiza is a great car and as u say all cars have their problems but im wanting that extra shove now as have got used to the speed of mine-i know i could chip it and get same power torque as the SR180 but for all the extra kit you get and toyotas reliability im warming to the idea of buying the SR180.

The Ibiza FR is very stiffly sprung,you feel every bump in the road and in the FR version handles ok but not great for the amount of fillings you loose :o

The 0-60 times of the SR180 is about 8.0 secs?(i know with diesels its the in gear acceleration that counts) but i thought it would be quicker-is it?the ibiza FR is about 9.3 to 60mph but chipped FR's (180bhp/300lbft) are doing mid to high 7 sec runs-i thought this is what the SR180 would be like??????

thanks for the info guys.all info is welcome would like to make informed choice but i think the next step would be to test drive a SR180.

Does anyone know if the sr180 is common at dealers or would i have to travel miles to find one to test?

ibiza being smaller and lighter due to less kit would be quicker. Acceleration from standing start isn't easy and that quick because of 1st gear and being a diesel but as soon as your in 2nd it really flies.

SR180 is common so most toyota dealers should have one on demo i would have thought. Common to garages that is - hardly ANY on the roads which is nice.

Drive it and see what you think. Its a good car with lots of shove, v.cheap to run insure and tax, will keep up with the petrol hatches and loaded with stuff for a much cheaper cost.

Well, I've just bought one new! It'll be delivered this week. I managed to get £1.5k knocked off without much work and they have 0% finance on them right now. Certainly it is a very affordable car for what you get.

Most Mr. Ts will have one as a demo right now (normally 5 door in white). I did quite a few miles in the demo car (they should give you a 24 hour test drive) and it seemed great! Really smooth high power delivery, very comfortable and the handling seemed fine. Not as sharp as my outgoing Gen 7 Celica, but its a bigger, taller car so you can expect it really.

I recommend you have a test drive, I did and was sold on it :)

let us know how you get on in ownership

love the white colour too - i would have loved to get mine in white i just wasnt brave enough at the time!

The 0-60 times of the SR180 is about 8.0 secs?(i know with diesels its the in gear acceleration that counts) but i thought it would be quicker-is it?the ibiza FR is about 9.3 to 60mph but chipped FR's (180bhp/300lbft) are doing mid to high 7 sec runs-i thought this is what the SR180 would be like??????

T/SR180 0-60 mph = 7.8 secs officially

T/SR180 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) = 8.1 secs officially

It's not slow......and I imagine chipped from 175 to 210bhp much faster, low 7s, which is not bad considering diesel 1st and 2nd gears.

that sounds more like i thought it would be with 7.8 to 60. Have many people chipped the T/SR180 to 210bhp,whats the torque figures for it chipped?it must be a monster-if people have had it chipped are there any issues with clutch slip etc????

The more i hear about the T/SR180 the more im tempted-better start saving the pennies!

that sounds more like i thought it would be with 7.8 to 60. Have many people chipped the T/SR180 to 210bhp,whats the torque figures for it chipped?it must be a monster-if people have had it chipped are there any issues with clutch slip etc????

The more i hear about the T/SR180 the more im tempted-better start saving the pennies!

508 Nm chipped

i think quite a few of the UK owners here are waiting for someone on this forum to finish testing a x180 chip.

He's running the chip on a car at the moment but ran into a few problems with the engine manegement light. So i guess they have to fix this by controlling the fuel injection better or something.

No word on the chips yet but at least when / if its ready we know its been tested pretty well on the engine and should therefore be quite well calibrated compared to other chips.

Becauses is common rail and has a 5th injector you have to be very careful chipping.

?5th injector-does this cause problems for chipped engines then.

508nm of torque if the chip works well-that would be quite nice for overtaking, as long as its dry that is!

Just to say that I picked up the SR180 today and have done about 200miles in it. The engine is obviously very tight, but shows potential :D MPG is in the late 30s (36.9 I think) on asda fuel and will hopefully improve.

It is wonderfully put together, and no niggles so far.

Oh, and the little pack of coloured "sticking plasters" came in useful for the Auris' first stone chip!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links