Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rac

Devil-ish

Just gotta say........................THANK YOU to the nice man from the RAC! I got free membership with my Aygo for a year. Never thought I'd use it. BUT - got a **** flat tyre today, noticed it when I got back to the car with shopping :o , so as I'm all girly and didnt want to break a nail :rolleyes: I got on the phone to the RAC :) . The bloke was there in less than half an hour and he changed the tyre in no time at all and had me on my way again. :unsure: he didnt even make any comment about useless females :blush:

Surely you could've just popped the Aygo in your pocket and caught the bus??

:lol:

Oh ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: BUT just realised ......... spooky....... its Friday 13th - explains why I got the flat tyre :bangin:

We have RAC cover free too, never had to use it yet though.

Parents use the AA and they do their job well. Dads car is always breaking down these days :lol:

.........got a **** flat tyre today,

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:P

Sorry.. couldn't resist :rolleyes:

I changed/fixed loads of flat tyres today.

I have always used the AA!

Stop drinking then :cheers::drunk: ;)

Bet it was only flat at the bottom though ;) :lol:

The Aygo has a full size spare if I am not mistaken?........................or does it have 4 space savers fitted as standard ? ;)

Yep, a full size "Steel" spare

So I'll have to get the puncture sorted ASAP ;)

Hmmm note here........... If HE has to get it sorted does that mean he'll pay????????????????????? B)

Id never use the RAC ever again! They took four hours to get out to us.... yes thats right four hours! to get out to rob when we went down to bristol for rach and JJ's birthday few years back, i mean i understand that they give priority to females stranded alone but 4 hours does take the mick, and then we had to pay a local garage £40 as a good will gesture because the rac bloke couldnt help! i think thats slightly cheeky - i mean whats the point of paying for a breakdown policy if you have to pay somebody else to sort it out aswell!

Anne next time just whip your spare wheel out it doesnt take 5 minutes to change a wheel - get les to show you and have a practise - its a good idea to know these things incase the rac let you down - it might happen one day :) x

so why didnt you call Les to swap it?

Do you not know how to change your spare? or just to lazy to do it? or is it, I have the cover so i'm using it?

The reason some people have to wait up to 4 hours like Tegan did, and my self on a couple of occasions is due to the amount of people that call up needing tyres changed and !Removed! batterys jump starting after leaving lights on etc, good mate of mine works for RAC and says way to many of his call outs are to people that are unable to change a spare over. It should be part of the driving test if people find it that difficult.

Do you not know how to change your spare? or just to lazy to do it? or is it, I have the cover so i'm using it?

The reason some people have to wait up to 4 hours like Tegan did, and my self on a couple of occasions is due to the amount of people that call up needing tyres changed and bloody batterys jump starting after leaving lights on etc, good mate of mine works for RAC and says way to many of his call outs are to people that are unable to change a spare over. It should be part of the driving test if people find it that difficult.

Yes she has cover and she used it!

I'm sure you are a big strapping fellow and I know Tegan is a young fit girl but my wife, although not completely ready for the knackers yard would NOT have been able to remove the very tight wheel nuts and to be honest I would not have expected her to.

This is the first time we have ever used any breakdown over all the years it has been available but we apologise for using a service paid for just so it can be available for people like you who need it more than a 56 year old woman.

Don't ever accuse my wife of being lazy or using any other insinuations again.

The reason some people have to wait up to 4 hours like Tegan did, and my self on a couple of occasions is due to the amount of people that call up needing tyres changed and bloody batterys jump starting after leaving lights on etc, good mate of mine works for RAC and says way to many of his call outs are to people that are unable to change a spare over. It should be part of the driving test if people find it that difficult.

:o I have every right to use the RAC. I find your post offensive.

:o I have every right to use the RAC. I find your post offensive.

So do I.

I would in the same circumstance call out a breakdown service.

The reason some people have to wait up to 4 hours like Tegan did, and my self on a couple of occasions is due to the amount of people that call up needing tyres changed and !Removed! batterys jump starting after leaving lights on etc, good mate of mine works for RAC and says way to many of his call outs are to people that are unable to change a spare over. It should be part of the driving test if people find it that difficult.

Id just like to add that i wasnt complaining about waiting four hours due to people who need the service for a wheel change - understandably some people cant change the wheel - and if anne feels safer getting somebody else to do it then why not? after all thats what they pay for!

It is a good thing to learn and i agree that it should be part of the driving test - as should changing oil etc as i think its basic maintenance that is useful to know

and i lose count of the amount of jump starts i had when i had my fiesta due to leaving my lights on all day -i only remember to switch them off now as they are pop-up lights - its not hard to switch lights off but some people like me are crap at remembering - doesnt make you an idiot - and if id done it far away from home without friends to help me - i would have called a breakdown service for help - thats what they are there for!

I think your friend shouldnt complain sounds like he's got the easy life if all he has to do is jump cars and change tyres all day - id do it for the money!

I know how to change a wheel! I can do all the jacking and swapping over etc, but little me at 7.5 stone can't loosen the nuts even when jumping on the wrench! If breakdown cover is paid for, use it :thumbsup: .

I believe garages have stopped using the pneumatic machine for tightening wheel nuts because people just couldn't undo the buggers, plus it's not good for alloys to be done that tight.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links