Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Revs Increase

richforum

Hi All,

Noticed over the last two weeks that the engine revs increase when accelerating in third gear. Mainly seems to happen when the road is uphill rather than flat . Rev increase last for around 2-3 seconds befor returning to what I would describe as normal. During this 2-3 seconds there is no noticeable acceleration. The revs seem O.K. in the other gears.

It will be due a 40k service and MOT so it will be going in to Toyota soon.

Ta

R

Hi All,

Noticed over the last two weeks that the engine revs increase when accelerating in third gear. Mainly seems to happen when the road is uphill rather than flat . Rev increase last for around 2-3 seconds befor returning to what I would describe as normal. During this 2-3 seconds there is no noticeable acceleration. The revs seem O.K. in the other gears.

Ta

R

hi

it looks stange - becuase you were to notice rpm increasing on even 2nd gear in case the clutch friction disc got worn or wet with oil.

cheers/Igor

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Ta

R

By increasing i expect you mean increasing more rapitly than it's supposed to when accelerating.

Sounds like the clunch

• 3 weeks later...

My 2.2D did the same. A trip to the deal saw a new cluch fitted. Why I asked? Because the dual mass flywheel don't work right! By the way there is a leak of gearbox oil into the cluch also. Lets call it two days labour, a new clutch, flywheel (single mass of course) and a new gear box seal.

Get it to the dealer quick!!!

My 2.2D did the same. A trip to the deal saw a new cluch fitted. Why I asked? Because the dual mass flywheel don't work right! By the way there is a leak of gearbox oil into the cluch also. Lets call it two days labour, a new clutch, flywheel (single mass of course) and a new gear box seal.

Get it to the dealer quick!!!

Simple answer ....... Clutch is slipping!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links