Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Mpg

paulryan

Hi I have a 1.4 at the moment averaging 42mpg mixture of town / motorway but taking it easy due to cost of petrol. I am wondering what others are getting from the 2 diesels as i might buy another Auris and am torn between 1.4 /2.0 diesel and 1.6 petrol.

Another mpg thread :D

Does the Auris even come in a 1.4D-4D in the UK?

I get 45mpg pushing hard and 47/48mpg commuting. Goes upto 52mpg+ when on long distance trips. When I am not pushing I drive economically in my 2.0. Tyres are at 38psi and 34psi.

Well, I don't know about the MPG but someone calculated it for me in here and told me I get around 47MPG. HE also told me how to do it but it is confusing so I can tell you in kilometers. :)

With approximately 50 liters of fuel, I can make 830 kilometers. If I'm driving normal, in city. Some stop-wait-move a little-stop-wait traffic too.

If I push it too hard, drive like a maniac, like a Jazz jack Rabbit on Sugar Rush, or Pepé Le Pew on steroids chasing his l'amour, I get around 720.

No luggage. Only I and my girlfriend.

Tires: 205/55/16 (all of them, 36psi at cold)

Wheels: Toyota 16" Aluminum alloys

A/C: Constantly on, set between 22.5 - 21.5 degrees, auto.

It's manual, 1.4 D-4D.

I've never went for long trip so I don't know about out of city consumption but it will be way over the current consumption ratios, that's for sure. :)

I'm averaging 42 or so with my 1.6 petrol, mostly motorway at 70.

Colin

I have an Auris TR with 2.0 Diesel. now done 1900 miles. I always drive gently to achieve the best consumption and smoothest drive, and always fill up to the top and record the trip mileage. I also drive up to speed limits- so if I get in your way- you can have the ticket, not me! This shows that 1/ the computer is about correct over the tank-full, and 2/ I am regularly achieving 50+mpg. The last 390 miles gave 53. The laws of physics say that if you "wellie" it, and drive at 90 on the Motorway, or like to beat everyone at the lights -- then you pay!

I have the 2.2 D-CAT and i get 45 mpg in my everyday driving, if I am in a hurry i get 40, on long travels mostly highway i have got 50+ sometimes.

I have a 1.4 D4D T3 and yes, I am in the UK. My average MPG right now is 46.12 and this is based on manual calculations and also via the computer. (Both MPG results were near identical). A tank lasted me 550 miles. I drive fairly conservatively as I am still running the car in. I travelled 100 miles yesterday from Glasgow To Edinburgh return (95 via motorway) and averaged 60.2 mpg feathering the throttle and sticking to 70 mph on the motorway itself. Excellent.

I drive a 1.6 petrol and get 38 when driving like a fool and 44 when driving like little miss daisy, I get bored driving like her and usually ends up around 40 :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have the 2.2 D-CAT and i get 45 mpg in my everyday driving, if I am in a hurry i get 40, on long travels mostly highway i have got 50+ sometimes.

I have the 2.2 D-Cat. In everyday driving (mixture of Motorway and suburban roads, free flowing at the times I'm driving) and driving fairly sedately, I manage 40 mpg . On a motorway I can still only manage 41mpg keeping the revs to 1800. That means around 65 mph in 6th gear. I am somewhat disappointed at the consumption bearing in mind the cost of diesel. And I have carefully checked that the computer is reading accurately. Tyre pressures are 38 psi

I have the 2.2 D-Cat. In everyday driving (mixture of Motorway and suburban roads, free flowing at the times I'm driving) and driving fairly sedately, I manage 40 mpg . On a motorway I can still only manage 41mpg keeping the revs to 1800. That means around 65 mph in 6th gear. I am somewhat disappointed at the consumption bearing in mind the cost of diesel. And I have carefully checked that the computer is reading accurately. Tyre pressures are 38 psi

The issue for the 2.2 D-CAT and some other manufacturers engines seems that if you want a clean engine with no soot then economy suffers.

Hopefully Toyota will buy/use one of these and improve the efficiency. http://www.inspex.co.uk/page.cfm/Action=Pr...0904_EDD2594810

I have to admit that I did exactly the same yesterday on a trip to Nottingham on a free flowing M42 A42, I sat at 60 - 65 MPH, and I reckon I got around 40 MPG, so you're not the only one. But I only just have 2,000 miles on the car.

2.2 T180 and the best I get is 42mpg, average is around 39mpg but it never seems to get below 35mpg.... :ph34r:

very narrow fuel consumption band...

and not very good, but i guess the (big-ish?) turbo on the 2.2 does not like to sip diesel, it gulps pints of the stuff like the best rugby players on a stag do...

As spiderman would say

With great power comes great consumption-ability... or something like it... :P

• 3 years later...

VVTI 1.6

130 kph @4000RPM 5th gear :27.04 MPG

110 : 34.59 MPG

Fuel : SP95

It's ok?

I generally do 90% motorway driving at 60-65 mph due to traffic and woodwork and get 52-56 mpg. 2.0 diesel. I have already posted a thread saying my best figures but to not to repeat myself I often get 650 miles + out a tank. I do have a tuning box fitted and this does make a difference on file economy.

Good to see a post from 2008 brought back to life :lol:

Mine is becoming hard to predict lately. I can have a good average over a tank of 47mpg, then find the next tank drops to 41mpg doing roughly the same journeys.

My last tank was one of my best and that was driving with 4 people on board and carrying a boot crammed with kit, and stuff behind the seats etc.

Just done a trip from Rochester to the Cotswolds, a day of touring the villages and then back to Rochester on half a tank of fuel in my 2.0 Diesel. Computer states I was doing 45.5mpg at 2000 rpm/60 to 70mph. I was hoping for better mpg, being new to the Auris, I would like to know if we can trust the computers readings?

Just done a trip from Rochester to the Cotswolds, a day of touring the villages and then back to Rochester on half a tank of fuel in my 2.0 Diesel. Computer states I was doing 45.5mpg at 2000 rpm/60 to 70mph. I was hoping for better mpg, being new to the Auris, I would like to know if we can trust the computers readings?

On average the computer is optomistic.you could check consumtion by filling your tank right up and zeroing the trip then see what fuel is need to refill and the miliage covered.it needs to done over several refills to get a realistic fiquire.or you could use the Fuelly website but again needs several refills to get a average.

I think you need to do what Acetip suggests to find out how accurate yours is.

I use fuelly and a smartphone app to keep track of my fuel, and i can honestly say that my trip computer is never more than 0.5mpg out. That's close enough for me, but i always fill mine to point where it almost overflows, not to the point where the pump 'clicks' off like most people do.

I think you need to do what Acetip suggests to find out how accurate yours is.

I use fuelly and a smartphone app to keep track of my fuel, and i can honestly say that my trip computer is never more than 0.5mpg out. That's close enough for me, but i always fill mine to point where it almost overflows, not to the point where the pump 'clicks' off like most people do.

Your right Dave,the clicking fuel delivery cut off does vary from pump to pump and also how fast your putting it in effects this cut off.

It was easier on old model care to fill to a position in filler neck as unlike todays cars they did not have anti syphon devices and fillers in some cases that retrict what size fuel gun you use to reduce the chance of filling with the wrong fuel.not that these are fool proof, cos it still happens.

If I'm gonna do a decent length trip after fill up, I then fill it up till you can actually see and touch the diesel at the top of neck. That way I know its exactly at the same starting spot everytime.

On average the computer is optomistic.you could check consumtion by filling your tank right up and zeroing the trip then see what fuel is need to refill and the miliage covered.it needs to done over several refills to get a realistic fiquire.or you could use the Fuelly website but again needs several refills to get a average.

Doing several full tank to full tank checks using the trip meter to measure the distance covered, my computer is pessamistic by about 1.5 mpg.

In order for this method to be accurate you also have to ensure the trip meter is correctly calibrated, I've come across some odometers that were pretty naff at measuring distances!

Computer says I usually average somewhere around 45 - 46 mpg ish overall.

i'm a pretty poor driver when it comes to tryin to save fuel but i've got the 2.0 D and get over 45mpg. I do mostly 90% motorway miles, however when I have had someone else drive it on a long run its nearer 53mpg.

I have a 1.4 D4D MMT, i get about 56-58 MRG on average, and that is without a performance chip YeeeY

That 5.05 Ltr per 100 KM!

I have a 1.4 D4D MMT, i get about 56-58 MRG on average, and that is without a performance chip YeeeY

That 5.05 Ltr per 100 KM!

I'm getting between 48at worst and 52at best combined motorway and city with my 07 1.4 D4D MM!!!, how did you manage to get 56-58?????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links