Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Owning A Yaris Verso Is A State Of Mind!

mightybees

I'm on my second Yaris Verso... the first was a silver 2001 model.

I loved the space..

I loved the reliablity... the fuel economy...

My dog loved the ease of climbing into the boot!

But it's looks wore me down and eventually I sold it and bought a Honda HR-V... BIG mistake.

The HR-V was sluggish, thirsty, cramped, boring to look at inside and the dog could hardly jump over the incredibly high rear bumper.

The HR-V last 6 months, until I saw the error of my ways and, you guessed it, I bought a second Yaris Verso... which I still have today.

This one is a blue 2003 T-Spirit Auto... it's been restyled and I kind of like it better this time.

BUT... it's happening again... I am thinking about selling... Why?

An old lady drove past me the other day in an identical car to mine and she waved enthusiastically at me like she had just seen her lost lost brother.

She must have been 75 years old and I have started to see a pattern forming.

I NEVER see anyone driving a Verso unless they are elderly... I'm 43 and wonder if I am growing old before my time.

When you also consider the constant tailgating I get from anyone driving a BMW, Audi or white van... I am starting to get to the point where I need a change.

So I need advice... flog the Verso and get a mid life crisis car (the dog will hate me) or shall I "pimp my ride"... you know the kind of thing... rear spoiler, beesting aerial, new badges, wind deflectors or tinted windows?

Anyone got any ideas?

get a honda jazz

Stick with the Yaris !!!!

After ownimg a Jaz I would not buy another . :(

Stick with the Yaris Verso ;)

I have had two of them and they were great. I got used to the looks and the average driver age - I'm er middle aged but most other drivers made me look young. You will not find another mini mpv with the same versatility and space. If you look at Which? car magazine you will find that it's still incredibly popular with owners and listed as a rare best buy - rare because most owners don't part with them.

Forget the tailgating morons. It's their problem not yours.

I only changed mine because I decided that I wanted a bit more luxury than any of the Verso range then provided and was going to keep the next car for a lot longer. So I changed up to a Corolla T-Spirit which I still have (another great car).

I do know how you feel believe me but if you want practicality and can ignore the other concerns (none of which are really important IMHO anyway) you really should stick with the Verso you currently have. I have a feeling you will regret it if you sell. As for style mods, a waste of time and money is my view on that one.

Funnily enough, mine was part exchanged with Mr T for the Corolla and went West to be sold and that was a 2003 Blue auto! To be absolutely honest, If I'd had more money than sense I would have kept the Verso as a second car and bought the Corolla anyway. I do still miss the Verso (though don't regret the change).

Get one of those LED sign boards and have the constant message "I brake extremely late for all idiots in Beemers, Audi's, Mercs and White Van men and no i am not 75 so dont even think about it" :lol: stuck to your rear window!

But seriously, do you own thing and forget about anything anyone else thinks :thumbsup:

Either that or swap your car, then get bored or annoyed by it, change back again and the whole thing has cost you a small fortune.

i have to say i agree and am not a fan of the looks of the verso,

however i remember seeing one a while ago that had a little body kit on,

very subtle not at all like the Halfords kits you see around :lol: it suited it.

Add a set of lowering springs and the TTE supercharger :rolleyes:

It will then handle better & also shock the BMWs / white vans behind you ;)

your dog will still be happy too :D

i have to say i agree and am not a fan of the looks of the verso,

however i remember seeing one a while ago that had a little body kit on,

very subtle not at all like the halfords kits you see around :lol: it suited it.

Add a set of lowering springs and the TTE supercharger :rolleyes:

It will then handle better & also shock the BMWs / white vans behind you ;)

your dog will still be happy too :D

:lol:

dooo eeet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqyTFSN1LCU

keep it if you like it, get over other peoples opinions! lol.

I found the jazz good when i was driving it.

sayin that ive found hondas customer service is nothing on toyota...

stick with what you love! not what others think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links