Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whos Got Most Powerful Mr2?

pizza boy

Just thought about this after seeing same kinda post on the supra board. Just thought it would be interesting to see who has the most powerful mr2 ,in terms of BHP at flywheel for simplicity, out of the NAs and tubbys?

Mines will be 260ish at fly at the mo, but I have an old readout of my car when it was standard. (old post -> my rr readout ).

to stop this turning into a silly argument why not say 'supported with dyno print out' else you'll have people claiming all sorts of rubbish figures. :thumbsup:

Bah I cannot change the topic title..I gues not many peeps have dynod thier cars which is a bummer eh? Oh well! :rolleyes:

Any1 got dyno sheets?

I must have the most powerful n/a coz it beats Jimlads 260bhp turbine! :P :P :P

aye, all jim blows it hot air :P

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!! :arrgg-matey:

On corners I was taking it easy... on straights I was up yer *****. Twas you that couldn't keep up with me monkey boy ! :lol:

I asked you for a race.. u were scared... don't make me beat you with a stick !!

Now Now children....

Its not big and its not cleaver, it will end in tears you know....

in that case .. with no evidence from anyone else on here .. I've got the most powerful MR2 ..

And one ..

and for bully's special prize ..

May I take this oppotunity to point out your car looks wicked mate? :D What kit is that TRD widebody, you fit it yourself?

241bhp here, I can support the figure with my toyota manual, nothings been touched other than servicing :thumbsup:

May I take this oppotunity to point out your car looks wicked mate?  What kit is that TRD widebody, you fit it yourself?

Cheers fella .. here is the Spec all the cosmetic stuff is in the 2nd part of the list.

Speak to Russ, as apart from the rear spoiler - all has been replaced with his copies (the original TOM's stuff was not as good).

in that case .. with no evidence from anyone else on here .. I've got the most powerful MR2 ..

Are ye sure? I gots 210.7 (on a %$(ed run..explained on link).

My stock RR run

And heres me readout... and this is before any mods.

Ive since replaced the HTs, dizzy ,rotorarm,plugs, fuel filter, oil filter(which turned out to be a universal item the stupid garage I bought it from put on) belts,coolant,engine oil and bolted on an aussie de-cat pipe and moongoose zorst. Cant wait till my next RR run will be very soon. Its £60 !Removed! quid up here to get an RR bah!

post-38-1073431632.jpg

You know thinkin about it it really isnt fair its like comparing the st185 tuning state to st205 :unsure: . Am I right in thinking the MR2 Turbo(and NA too) is the only Toyota car to have had so many changes to it in its 8/9 year run?

heh heh .. it's true, the engine in the rev3 are SO much easier to gain the first 30-40 bhp ..

I'd be interested in comparing torque curves .. I know the GenII 3sgte spools quicker .. but doesn't have the legs at higher revs .. as you can see in our curves .. yours levels off, where mine peaks and fades ..

Yea its the most noticable thing when other peeps who have modded turbo'd cars ride passenger in mine. They always notice the initial torque pulling vary hard,peaking and then maintaining this peak with a flat torque 'pull' that you can actually feel.

Im going to make sure they measure my torque this time. Its a shame they didnt last time I just assumed they did Ive since been told you ask them..silly but I suppose max muppets just want BHP. Woulda been great to compare with my current state. Cant wait till the g-valve.

a mate went out in my car (@ 10 psi) and a mates rev3 (with hybrid @ 15psi) and said that mine pulled a lot earlier and then leveled off ..

My mates took an extra 1000/1500 rpm to start, but then got twice as scary all the way to red line. In the end mine was dyno'ed @ 220 fly, and my mates was over 320 @ 5500 rpm (cause it went off the machine).

Not sure if that's enough low end for me to get ahead and keep cutting him up in a race though .. :thumbsup:

mine's 765 bhp at the wheels and i would love to post the dyno readout,.....BUT,........i believe some grey aliens broke into my house last night and stole my scanner, and they deleted all my mr2 files off my hard drive (using telekinetic power).

still, i enjoyed the part when they probed me!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links