Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Electric Aerial

Rally Co-driver

Hi all, I ma after a replacement Electric rear wing aerial for a Gen 6 GT. :unsure:

Any ideas, you kind people, do oyu have one, preferably a new one, but used considered? ;)

i wouldnt bother with a replacement mate even on the newer generation 6 the motors are burnt out with age so a 2nd hand 1 will burn out soon too i put mine on a switch so it doesnt go up whenever the ignition is on u should be able to order a new motor from toyota still i think

I didn't think anyone bothered with electric aerials anymore :huh:

I had one years ago on a Ford and they can be seriously unreliable.... go for something like a Bee sting aerial and it will look just fine :yes:

After stripping down I found that the plastic 'cab;e' with the teath, some how had been turned around so the large cog that turns to bring the aerial up and down could connect. I repaired this but then broke the brushes in the motor. Does anyone know where I can get these? :(

Hello mate,

Mine went about 6 months ago, couldn't find a cheap enough replacement.

After a bit of scouting about the local breakers for something similar i pulled one off a deawoo nexia (!!)

with a bit of jiggery pokery and swearing, its now been working fine since.

The nexia one has three connections to the celica's two, what you need to do is open the aerial up and solder the connections directly to the motor, bypassing the inbuilt control circuitry so its just using the celicas seperate control box.

cost me a tenner and a couple of hours work.

Cheers,

Rich

OH, i think i may still have the old aerial (internal plastic gubbins are all shagged, but the motors fine if of any use to you?)

Thanks for that information. I have just won an auction on e-bay for a st185 aerial. the motor looks the same from the picture. I'll try and make one good from two aerials.

But I will remember your offer.

• 5 months later...
I didn't think anyone bothered with electric aerials anymore :huh:

I had one years ago on a Ford and they can be seriously unreliable.... go for something like a Bee sting aerial and it will look just fine :yes:

Has anyone used a bee sting style aerial in place of the electric one?

Not sure how it'd look, or how easy the mod would bee, sorry be. I don't fancy getting the hole filled smoothed and painted and relocating it or going for an internal one.

:huh:

the angle of the rear end makes fitting a be sting type very awkward as the spacers you get in the kit are a useless fit. if you not to bothered about the way it sits then thats fine also water ingression is a factor , if its just the ariel mast thats broken toyota dealers supply and fit 1 for about 40 quid . thats if the motor is still working ok,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links