Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Insurance

ShivyG

Hey people!

Just registered here!!.....I've bought my new Aygo platinum today, shall pik it up next week with a 58 plate next week. It all happened soo fast, one minute i was looking at Audi A2's and A3's, but every single car i looked at failed its HPI check...great!....Been sharing a Yaris with my step mum for like 2 years, and that car is just amazing....To cut a long story short i just went for the Aygo...its cute, economical and surprisingly quick!!...and i have a girlfriend, so i don't really have to show off at cruises anymore....lol

So now Toyota have said i can get 7 days free insurance when i get the car...great stuff!!...but now i gotto find decent insurance...any ideas....

ABOUT ME: -

Male, 25, no points, no convictions, 0 no claims since i haven't had my own insurance. I've been quoted £450, now they must be having a laugh, the insurance group is 1 and I'm 25, why is it still so expensive?

i live in Surrey....

Any ideas, drop me a reply..!!

cos you've got 0 no claims so technically a new driver lol

i'm female 21 and 1 years no claims and mine was 622 this year and that was the cheapest i could get !!! lol

welcome to the club and hope you enjoy your Aygo :D

Female;

20 yo;

2 yrs no claims;

1 accident 2 yrs ago;

3 points SP30;

Mods: alloys

Quote = £457 from elephant.co.uk

New insurance for mine,

0 no claims,

Declared Body Kit, alloys, Front fogs.

Total cost Fully comp.

1 Windscreen claim last year on other car.

Both cars insured same company

Total cost £281

Quotes will be pretty specific to your circumstances, but I'd suggest looking at comparison sites e.g. moneysupermarket.com and confused.com, and then looking at cashback sites e.g. topcashback.co.uk (if you sign up through http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/jdavid/ref/index.htm instead of www.topcashback.co.uk I get a 50p bonus) to see if you can get cashback on top of one of the better quotes - I had a quote from RAC for about £200 last November and then got £90 cashback, which makes a big difference.

Remember to check directline and tesco too, as I don't think they allow inclusion on comparison sites.

Careful using comparison sites and then a cashback site. If you go down both routes the insurance company has details of both quotes so they won't pay out their cashback amount as you have used two marketing streams to get the quote. They only have one amount of cash to spend for each quote. Quidco explains this anomaly in full.

£400 or so seems reasonable to me for 0 no claims.

Careful using comparison sites and then a cashback site. If you go down both routes the insurance company has details of both quotes so they won't pay out their cashback amount as you have used two marketing streams to get the quote. They only have one amount of cash to spend for each quote. Quidco explains this anomaly in full.

Yes.

Preferably do the comparison site search in one browser (e.g. Internet Explorer (if you must) or Safari or Opera), then close it and use a different browser (e.g. Firefox) to go straight to quidco/topcashback/wherever and click through to the insurance site you've chosen to use.

Alternatively you can clear your browser's cookies but this can be a pain as lots of cookies are useful.

Don't forget to disable any adblocking plugins/software you have when you go to the cashback site and click through.

Sounds like hassle, but cashback of £50-120 is not uncommon, so worth it in my opinion.

Try "Private Mode" in Safari, this will only clear cookies and such for the session

you're commencing, but will keep all records for when you switch it off gain...

New insurance for mine,

0 no claims,

Declared Body Kit, Alloys, Front fogs.

Total cost Fully comp.

1 Windscreen claim last year on other car.

Both cars insured same company

Total cost £281

Whoa!...thats seriously good insurance quote.....whered u get urs?!

Thanks for ur help guys!...I'm gonna do all these things u said.....i got my £451 quote from moneysupermarket.com, so i may try other sites now, but it seems its quite a good deal, i was just expecting less, but then i suppose this car is actually worth more than a 5 year old car with a bigger engine, therefore insurance is higher.....ahhh the joys of life!!

Browzar is a very good stipped out web browser. No bookmarking/favourites capabilities and it deletes cookies, temporary files, histories etc every time you close down so ideal for comparison websites.

I actually found Barclays were pretty good for quotes as well.

You might get a good quote from Norwich Union, but personally I avoid companies that have moved all their contact centres out of the UK on principle.

I actually found Barclays were pretty good for quotes as well.

You might get a good quote from Norwich Union, but personally I avoid companies that have moved all their contact centres out of the UK on principle.

Welcome to the club, I have Indian roots and I don't even understand the accent...lol...thanks for the heads up!!

Male 62

9+ years NCB

No claims

No points

No convictions

Parked overnight in street

One named driver

£105 (frozen at that price for 2009 as well).

Directline.

NFU Mutual

1 2k£ claim (hit garage wall in a BMW 530d) :eek:

6 points :ffs:

no mods

£142 Protected NCB

58 reg Aygo Platinum

Male

30yo

1 Named driver (claims)

0 points

0 claims

2 years NCB

No mods

Parked on driveway

£296 fully comp with legal protection

I have a question because I'm not sure...

Do AC, mudflaps and front foglights count as modification and need to be declared if they were fitted by Toyota as extras (brand new car)?

I listed all the Toyota fitted options when I insured mine.

Mind you, alloys and front fogs are a std option but I still had to tell them they were std Toyota Wheels fitted as an option.

TTE body kit is obviously a definate extra that needed declaring, I just sent them a photocopy of the dealers invoice to prove every thing came ready fitted.

Ok, thanks mate.

I've got everything in Toyota's invoice. In case I claim I can prove they were fitted by Toyota as options when I bought the car :yes:

well i think £450 is gonna be my lowest, I've been driving under parents insurance for 6 years, not 1 claim nor accident, but i suppose i gotto start from scratch on the No Claims!...

I have a question because I'm not sure...

Do AC, mudflaps and front foglights count as modification and need to be declared if they were fitted by Toyota as extras (brand new car)?

what kinda price were Toyota asking for, to get mudflaps on ur car, mine sooo needs them!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links