Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Typhoon Snapping

Demo_202

I gather a few of you have had this problem. Mine arrived this morning but the car is in for a service *Raging*

Since I dont have the car I actually bothered to read the instructions for once, it does say not to do up the holding bracket too tightly at the bottom. Is this likely to prevent it? If not it could be an option to drill the bracket, make it a bit wider. Yeh I know you dont need it but I like to fit things properly :S lol

Cheers

I gather a few of you have had this problem. Mine arrived this morning but the car is in for a service *Raging*

Since I dont have the car I actually bothered to read the instructions for once, it does say not to do up the holding bracket too tightly at the bottom. Is this likely to prevent it? If not it could be an option to drill the bracket, make it a bit wider. Yeh I know you dont need it but I like to fit things properly :S lol

Cheers

Cant see what all the fuss is about the apexi, i picked up my Typhoon which was a few months old on eBay, spotless for under £100 delivered to Ireland. The typhoon is a good kit, problems only tend to arise when numptys put them on incorrectly or fit it far too tight.

Theres a definate power increase with the Typhoon, not massive but certainly noticable.

Cant see what all the fuss is about the apexi,

It's generally half the price of the Typhoon, gives the same gains but better filtration.

Fitment is better, no need to extend MAF wires.

Plus i keep mentioning it as I don't know anybody else who has one on a CTS! B)

:lol:

It's generally half the price of the Typhoon, gives the same gains but better filtration.

Nobody else has them because they suck so hard and the filtration so good, they bend your in bonnet from the inside:

1big.jpg

I shouldnt mention that I paid less for it than the price of an A'pexi then :o :D

Stoneyford NI on here, fitted mine and there were no problems at all, no extending of wires, no warning lights..he thought it was straight forward.

How does the apexi give better filtration??? and the same gains???? This hasnt been proven as far as im aware.

Stoneyford NI on here, fitted mine and there were no problems at all, no extending of wires, no warning lights..he thought it was straight forward.

How does the apexi give better filtration??? and the same gains???? This hasnt been proven as far as im aware.

It has been proven and no doubt Gaz will give you the link sooner or later. Granted the link is a few years old now but it was still proven!

K&N & A'Pexi are higher rated than HKS and... SOmeone else, Forget who.. Think it was actually Blitz.

Anyway, Back on topic.... My typhoon doesn't have the brack any more either, after it snapped, I got the hole welded and never bothered putting the bracket back in place. it sits just fine without it!

When the typhoon gets ripped off, its obviously down to the engine moving, maybe if people were a bit gentler when letting the clutch out it wouldnt happen. Either that or will we all be having to replace engine mounts in the near future. :(

Looking into an apexi and typhoon, norfolk mate you got a link on where to get the apexi or even a video of how it sounds would much appreciate it if you could add a link?

cheers

Looking into an apexi and typhoon, norfolk mate you got a link on where to get the apexi or even a video of how it sounds would much appreciate it if you could add a link?

cheers

http://www.nengun.com/

Get the A'Pexi from there. He'll have a video after tomorrow ;)

IF HE GETS OUT OF BED TO COME AND MEET US!!! :lol::rolleyes:

cheers

http://www.nengun.com/

Get the A'Pexi from there. He'll have a video after tomorrow ;)

IF HE GETS OUT OF BED TO COME AND MEET US!!! :lol::rolleyes:

I got out of bed, met them, and -T- Sport refused to take a video :lol:

Will have to visit my brother and get one done! :thumbsup:

Refused?!?!? You wouldn't open your damn bonnet!!! :lol:

You were just jealous after knowing our Typhoons have bigger cones than your A'Pexi!! :P

Refused?!?!? You wouldn't open your damn bonnet!!! :lol:

You were just jealous after knowing our Typhoons have bigger cones than your A'Pexi!! :P

How would you know that if i hadn't opened my bonnet?? ;)

Shhhh. Spoil sport.

I'll rephrase it then.

You wouldn't open your bonnet a second time to let us get a video!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links