Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Look At This!

cabcurtains

This pic is the result of SEAT Chesterfield sorting out the DPF warning light on my mates 2.0 TDI Leon, the mechanic road tested it and crashed into a parked van at 30 MPH! I think it was a bit more! This was a 6 mths a go now, it took 4mths and a whole load of pressure from all sorts of people to get the dealer to replace the car like for like. SEAT offered no help at all.

DJACar.jpg

I've heard stories like this from various dealers.

Glad it's finally resolved - though I'm not surprised that Seat offered no help themselves. The fault was with the driver and his immediate employers - not the manufacturer.

Did he get sacked?

t-cut it, it will be alreet!!

seriously, thats really bad, both the fact the front end is missing at a 30mph crash :eek: and the bad dealership :rolleyes:

That must have been more than 30MPH :eek:

The police actually prosecuted the driver for driving with out due care, i believe he was sacked. Having worked for a car manufacturer i believe they should put some pressure on the Franchisee to sort the issues quicker, yes the manufacturer didn't do it but to the general public their name is above the door and thats what counts.

The van got hit from behind and its driver had to go to hospital, so yeah i think it was more than 30!

That must have been more than 30MPH :eek:

Had to be, even with the crumple zones etc on new cars there's no way an impact at 30mph can cause that much damage, surely?

30MPH? it may well have been...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Thats way out of order. So does this mean he got a new car after all that :yes: Considering that it was the dealers fault.

jerry!!

We will never find out the real truth of why it happened or how fast it was going. Nice crash vid, however crashing a 2001 Hyundai is probably goona hurt more than a 5 star ENCAP 2007 model!

You would hope................... :eek: ;)

Thats way out of order. So does this mean he got a new car after all that :yes: Considering that it was the dealers fault.

jerry!!

No, the car was replaced like for like with a demo they had, it all got very messy the dealer wouldn't pay out for a new car, they tried offering trade value in cash so my mate could go out and buy himself another car! To make it worse they had sold him Vehicle Replacement Insurance, which he couldn't claim on as a 3rd party had written the car off!! He contacted the FSA about it, this made things move on.

They (the dealer) wouldn't claim on their insurance as i think their excess was massive as is the norm in large motor group. The entire incident was just ridiculous, accidents happen but the afters and time taken to sort it all out was shocking.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links