Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Week Review Of My T-sport

leroy1984

Hi guys,

thought i'd give you a opinion of my first week in my 02 t-sport.

Firstly the lift is brilliant and the car performs well, but could definately benefit from some low down torque. Is there any way to increase this?

The engine note after 6k is seriously addictive, hard to belive your in a corolla.

The handling is good but not as sharp as it could be, but were i live we have loads of speedbumps so lowering would be pointless. Fuel consumption is good I reckon im getting 250+miles to £40 of fuel (£1.10 a litre).

Now my only real concern is the gearbox, it seems to be difficult to select first gear every know and then. I have found myself selecting reverse gear a few times scareing the drivers behind me. The gearbox is not crunching when i select first it just feels really stiff?

Is this a rectifiabe probem or is it just something i need to get used to??

Many thanks lee

I've got an 02, I find occasionaly it can be difficult to select first or reverse - I tend to cure it by putting it into neutral quickly, releasing the clutch, depressing it again and then popping it in gear. Repeat if needed.

Works a lot better once the gear box oil has warmed up and as you probably know you'll find it difficult to engage 1st on a downshift while your still moving. There was a mention about a problem with the gear selecter cable in earlier models. But I think that was to do with rattles, not selecting the actual gear.

I think everyone here would agree with you on the body roll, I also suffer from the master cylinder problem (squeaky clutch) and engine braking noises. Brakes are also a bit meh, but I replaced the rears with EBC discs and pads on saturday and there is already a noticable improvement.

Hi guys,

thought i'd give you a opinion of my first week in my 02 t-sport.

Firstly the lift is brilliant and the car performs well, but could definately benefit from some low down torque. Is there any way to increase this?

The engine note after 6k is seriously addictive, hard to belive your in a corolla.

The handling is good but not as sharp as it could be, but were i live we have loads of speedbumps so lowering would be pointless. Fuel consumption is good I reckon im getting 250+miles to £40 of fuel (£1.10 a litre).

Now my only real concern is the gearbox, it seems to be difficult to select first gear every know and then. I have found myself selecting reverse gear a few times scareing the drivers behind me. The gearbox is not crunching when i select first it just feels really stiff?

Is this a rectifiabe probem or is it just something i need to get used to??

Many thanks lee

I just bought an 02 t sport and am finding no probs with getting it in gear, but do agree that 1st is a bit too close to reverse! The lift is amazing when she comes on cam tho! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links