Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lambda Sensor Probs

Lizzie Mac

Hi - New Member here (I think if i've done it right!)

If I'm not on the right site then apologies -never "forumed" before!

I have a MK3 MR2. Registered Sept 2000 and now done 54000miles.

Engine warning light on (Don't you just hate the fact it's called the engine "malfunction" light in the manual!!)

Had it on diagnostics and got fault code P-0135.

Done loads of research on the sensors - figured it can be one of three and think I've whittled it down to the Bank 1 Sensor 1 (not bad for a girl eh?!)

Only thing now - I don't know where bank 1 sensor 1 is located. I can get hold of the part I think but need to know if this is one of the 2 manifold sensors or the one on the exhaust. And precisely where it is.

Any ideas anyone :)

Many thanks

Liz

Hi Liz, welcome to TOC and the Roadster club!

Mine is the same age as yours, with a few thousand less miles, but the sensors aren't as scary as you think!

I changed all three of mine once one went. Les has put some very useful how tos at the top of the Roadster page including great pictures.

Click here for what you need.

And there's no excuse just because you're a girl :P

Beware!! Mr T changed my bank 1 oxygen sensor (Over 200 pounds) and the warning light came again after about 1000 miles. I assumed that as one had needed changing then maybe one of the other two had failed. I bought a couple from the US, put them in, got the car diagnosed and low and behold - it was the first one that Mt T had changed that was showing as faulty. The man with the box then told me that he'd just been on a course and had been told that a faulty MAF could also give the error code. A quick look at a graph or two that his machine produced showed this to be the case. Maybe another , deeper look with the diagnostics is called for before you spend any cash!!

Also..... HELP!! I know this is not the place to ask but how do I stop getting emails everytime a new forum is started? I've tried everything but so far no good. Help before I drown under a sea of unwanted emails!!

Hi Liz, welcome to TOC and the Roadster club!

Mine is the same age as yours, with a few thousand less miles, but the sensors aren't as scary as you think!

I changed all three of mine once one went. Les has put some very useful how tos at the top of the Roadster page including great pictures.

Click here for what you need.

And there's no excuse just because you're a girl :P

Hi - A MILLION THANK YOU'S for this!!!

Not only has it helped me decide what to do next but it's such a great source of info - the parts Les quoted are miles cheaper than what I'd been quoted over here. I've decided to do all three sensors (well, my Dad will do it!). Just need to get that socket thing but there's a link on that page too for that.

My next problem is getting the dent in my door fixed - caused by my brother last night who kindly reversed his tank of a Mondeo into it :(

Thanks again

Liz

Hi

Thanks for the advice - MrT is the place I'd go to ONLY if I was desperate - I've actually had it on 3 different diagnostics and they all brought up the same fault code - P-0135. The other reply I had gave me a link to a fantastic page where all 3 sensors had been replaced so have decided to do the same. Hopefully all will be well after that!!

Don't know about the e-mail problem though - It's taken me half an hour to figure out how to reply to people!!! Sorry!

Cheers again

Liz

I changed my 3 sensors nearly a year ago and not had a CEL since!

My next problem is getting the dent in my door fixed - caused by my brother last night who kindly reversed his tank of a Mondeo into it :(

Oww!! :(

Also..... HELP!! I know this is not the place to ask but how do I stop getting emails everytime a new forum is started? I've tried everything but so far no good. Help before I drown under a sea of unwanted emails!!

If you go to 'My Controls' at the top right of the page, you then click on 'Subscriptions' on the left hand column. Select either 'View Topics' or 'View Forums' and select/deselect which ones you want notifications for.

HTH :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links