Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Radios

KPARRIS-JONES

I've just got a 1989 1.6 GTI but I HAVE to get a new radio and sound system for it but there doesn't look like there's a slot for one.

Is it possible to get a new radio for it?!?!?

If anyone finds anything could you please tell me where to look.

Cheers

I've just got a 1989 1.6 GTI but I HAVE to get a new radio and sound system for it but there doesn't look like there's a slot for one.

Is it possible to get a new radio for it?!?!?

If anyone finds anything could you please tell me where to look.

Cheers

This should be easy, right in front of the gear lever is the radio slot ( above the ashtray ) to fit a stereo to these you need to remove the trim that goes across the top of the dash in front of the steeering wheel, this L shaped trim also holds the air vents on the dash too, remove all this remembering to disconnect the wires to the ashtray. A modern DIN sized stereo fits in her without the need for a cage, you should have some sort of mounting bracket to mount to the stereo that then is held in place with four ten ml bolts that fits in this slot. If it wasn't so miserable outside I'd take some pics for you

Thanks mate.

I was getting worried I'd be stuck with the stock radio which would not be good for street cred. It's uglier than the hulks *****.

It would be good to see your car too though. Mines a bit rusty here and there but seeing as I've got two yaers until I can drive I've got plenty of time to go over the body work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links