Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nice Car....

mjdrogan

Hiya All,

I am looking at getting into owning a Yaris.

I want a pretty highly modded one in the end, but am not sure how much to pay for one that as already been modded.

I have recently seen one go up on eBay.... now i'm not sure on the price and am looking to see if you think it's overpriced??

Here is the link to he car:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HIGHLY-MODIFIED-TOYO...2|39:1|240:1318

Could you hlp me as I don't wan to pay over the odds.

Also if i go visit the car what should i be looking for??

thanks in advance for your help.... and i look forward to getting involved in the forum!!!!!

Do you really like that car on eBay, surely you don't :unsure:

I think it is a revolting pile of cr*p :sick:

Do yourself a favour.... buy a decently priced basic car and mod it in a tasteful manner :P :yes:

i like modded yaris but that may be a little to much!!!

why the hell has it got lambo stuck on the back!!!!! its clearly not a lambo!!!! is it just cause of the doors???

Leave the guy alone, not exactly the kind of responce that should be encouraged IMHO. I dont rip you for buying a big ugly munter of a car!

Leave the guy alone, not exactly the kind of responce that should be encouraged IMHO. I dont rip you for buying a big ugly munter of a car!

No one is ripping into anyone other than yourself.... buying a car is a matter of personal choice and opinions and that is what people have given.... you included :yes:

I prefer a car with a bigger engine rather than a car with a hairdryer under the bonnet :yes: My opinion of course and my response ;)

EDIT....

Now this is much nicer.... :rolleyes:

yaris.jpg

In a weird way, I do like the external colour scheme. And the headlamps look quite tasty.

But don't like the rest to be honest :no: just my opinion.

If you want to end up with a highly modded car, you need to ask yourself if you would want the mods that are on that car? As you don't want to pay for stuff you will rip out.

Not a clue if the price is good or bad.

A fellow Rugbeian! If you see a little blue Aygo nipping about, that's me! ;)

As for a modded Yaris, I find mods are a personal taste thing and the likelihood will be you'll not find one to your taste that is reasonably priced. The one you've linked to is severely modded and is no way worth 4 grand! It's almost 10 years old!

Also it's a 1.0 with a lot of bodykit, even with the NO2 purge kit, the car will be stupidly heavy and slow - I would bet any money my Aygo drives faster than that big fat lump of a car.

You are better off finding a Yaris T-Sport for 4k and modding it yourself - the engine will be much better for a start! :thumbsup:

You are better off finding a Yaris T-Sport for 4k and modding it yourself - the engine will be much better for a start! :thumbsup:

Seconded! Might not look as eye catching to start off with, but as it develops, you'll have the sense of pride, driving around thinking "I did this". And you won't be finding yourself in the "all-show-no-go" - not a good place to be...! :)

The Yaris is a fantasic car with plenty of options for modding. Do what ever you like to the car as long as you are happy!!

Look at my MR2 its defo not to everyones taste but I love it!

As Em said, get a T-Sport if you can afford it plus insurance, if not, get yourself a little vvti which still has plenty of poke for an engine that size.

Looking around Auto Trader will get you a good project.

:sick:

As said you'd be better off getting a Yaris T Sport , you can pick them up for around the same price :thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice!!!

It's just that i really quite like the look of the Yaris i linked to..... so you don't think the kit on it makes the car worth that much, what about if you were to sell some of the kit on it, what could you potentially make off it?

If anything the kit makes it worth less

As I said, mods are personal, so the value of the car takes a nose dive.... if you really wanted that one I would offer the cost of a standard 1999 1.0 Yaris, good spec, which is just under £2k - basically they are charging you more than double for the car with mods.... it's a joke IMO.

Plus £4k is only the starting price, they want £5k buy it now! :eek:

I wouldn't touch that with a 10-foot barge pole!

yeah i agree with em!!

ive been looking into getting a t-sport yaris and they start at 3,000 for a 02 plate on autotrader!!!

if you have fallen in love with the car then buy it!!

You deffo get a sense of pride modding a car yourself!!!

It's not worth the asking price... or even 4K for that matter. At the end of the day it's a 1999 1.0l Yaris, worth around 2K.. anyone who has a modified car will tell you that when the time comes to sell you do not get back the money you spent on modifications, most people will strip off what ever they can off the car and try to get the car back to standard, that way they get the approximate true value of the car itself and can then sell the modifications that have been removed seperately to recoupe some of their losses.

Having owned a 1.0L Yaris which was slightly modified I can hinestly tell you it's a descent little car.. but not worth spending a heap of money on, you will never get descent power unless you are prepared to spend a wad of cash on a turbo or supercharger, best thing to do would be to buy a T-Sport (as has been said, you can pick a good one up for 2 - 3K) then you can modify it to your own specifications, this will make your car more individual and you will be even more proud of your car knowing that it was you who made it what it is.

As for the car in the link, if you bought that there would be people who saw it anywhere (mag, website etc) who will say that is is .. insert name here's... old car.. it will never be seen as your car as it is someone else's effort that has gone into it.

Have a search around this site, especially the Yaris section, take a look in the Arty !Removed! picture thread where you will find some tastefully modded examples such as this....

22.jpg

Now compared to the one in the link, I know which one I would be more proud to own.

Now compared to the one in the link, I know which one I would be more proud to own.

You like the one in the link don't you? ;)

:lol:

BWahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

hahahahahahahahahaha BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

The car has had around 40k spent on it and it shows

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA lololololol

You could buy a proper car for that money.

That thing is a joke. Failing that if its being noticed and people reacting that you are after I am sure lepracy is still available somewhere on the planet!

For that money you could get a decent T sport, decent wheels and a set of coilovers at a push.

-Or a perfectly Celica GT-4, MR2 turbo, Supra TT....

I love these type of adds when say "it turns heads", after the head has been turned the laughing starts :lol:

As mentioned 40k spent on that, burning 40k would be more pleasurable than wrecking that poor Yaris.

I wonder if the owner declares the mods as minor :lol:

Spend 4k on a T-Pot and mod it tastefully! :yes:

tastefully modded examples such as this....

22.jpg

You've just bought a tear to my eye Davy :crybaby: and whats more shes being part chopped at the end of the month :( After 7 years i will no longer be a Yaris owner...

Anyway about the abortion on eBay, ive already lol'd at it on another forum today but ive got plenty of time for another one...

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOOOLLLOL

OLOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Save another grand and buy yourself a decent T-Sport :yes:

Its not that Bad Rob! I was a supra owner for 8 years when I became supraless....

(although a V8 project Mkiii still beckons.... don't tell Milly)

:lol: errh sorry mate but i agree with most of the others :yes:

please dont waste your money on the tango'd yaris :shutit:

i think i had the displeasure of seeing it in the metal at Trax 2007........

...i have not long stopped laughing and now i've seen it again its started me again :lol::lol::lol:

As for buying it and removing the kit to sell on, it would be worthless and you do not know how its been fitted either,

for all you know it may have lots of drill holes in the bodywork underneath.

Do yourself a favour and get a yaris to mod yourself, i agree with what cfc said when i see a modded yaris from here

i do say that was so & so's old car.

Buy a Tsport if you can afford to buy & insure it ( not sure if you're looking at 1.0l because of your age )

i loved my old Tsport :wub: .

Sorry but I think that is a waste of a Yaris! As said above it's not gonna move fast at all with all that stuff on it.

If you can, you should try and test drive a 1.0 Yaris - see if your local dealer has got one in or something & if you can drive a bigger engine one too then do that. It might be a good thing if you can get even an idea of what the engines are like as standard to help you out a bit.

However, saying that this is the internet and everyone has different opinions - if you like it and are set on it then go for it, but personally I would do a little bit more first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links