Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Real 0-60 Time Of The T-sport

farhanali89

been browsing around to get a real 0-60 time for our car as i have time 6.8 a couple of times with spare wheel removed and running less than half tank with 1 person on board.

now i have found an original corolla manual which will put this rubbish to rest about the stupid 8.2 times.

behold fellow owners!

0-62 = 7.1 if just 0-60 i reckon its bang on 7 or 6.9

you people can read the rest bye!

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/04/CO5_61_over.pdf

the power that doc is stating though is saying the t-sport is 222HP (165KW converted)

On about the compressor????

Looks to me that those are the Compressor figures. Not only does the HP Match the Compressor figures but the torque is a good 60nm more than ours!

Seems they got the figures mixed up. Nice try though Farhan!

i don't think that no spare tyre and 1/2 a tank of fuel will drop your time down to 6.9s. I have tried really hard and the max i got was 7.5s

woops my bad guys! was having a quick run through it again...iv checked my 0-60 a good coupleof times and i can get it comfortably at about 7 seconds all the time. I dont hold the rev either as doing that just gets me wheel spin and loses time from what iv seen.

Hmm i dont like the look of these times the best i have had out of mine if 7.9 :( damit keep that quiet from Gaz....

I've done 0-60 MPH in under 3 secs in my Rolla

0-60 in 3 seconds how you do that? or do you mean 0-60 in 3 seconds on a set of scales?

0-60 in 3 seconds how you do that? or do you mean 0-60 in 3 seconds on a set of scales?

Ah well, i should of mentioned this wasnt on tarmac.........., when you get stuck on the wet tram tracks in town the wheels spin on the steel and the speedo goes up so quick, in 6th i've had it all the way around the clock with the car not moving :lol: ;)

Yes i am being sad :wacko::lol:

Worth a try... I bet thats quite fun :D

... for a second i was thinking thats some mega tuning especiall when the fensport rolla does 0-60 in around 3 secs

mine come on when they feel like it lol....which is funny because when it pours down like hell they dont want to turn on but when theres a little drop bang they come on why oh why??

woops my bad guys! was having a quick run through it again...iv checked my 0-60 a good coupleof times and i can get it comfortably at about 7 seconds all the time. I dont hold the rev either as doing that just gets me wheel spin and loses time from what iv seen.

ye m8 dont worry mine dus it in 7 aswell a had a couple of 6.9s but ye mostly waways 7! an remember its the driver asweel!!!!

Hmm i dont like the look of these times the best i have had out of mine if 7.9 :( damit keep that quiet from Gaz....

You have a diseasel!!! :lol:

Low 7's is acheivable :thumbsup:

my autowind screen wipers work superb!!! make sure your sensitivity is correct!!!

niceee mine does it in 10.2secs.....

but im sure i could get it bit lower if i tested it myself :P

Hey Guys,

I have to agree, low and even (just) sub 7 secs is certainly achievable out of the box.

I have a dash video of my car hitting 62 in 6.9 with just the Blitz CAI installed. Was on a 1/4 tank, warm evening and a fairly flat (maybe hinting at uphill) road. Just me in the car. When i get the flywheel properly bedded in ill give it another try and see how it goes this time.

There have to be variances in car performance, slight changes from different petrol, launch RPM, air temp, kerb weight etc that are giving everyone different times. Its strange through to see such a wide range of peoples times, i would have expected just to see a 0.1 here or 0.2 there argument, but there is quite a range of quoted times.

PS - slightly unrelated topic, but has anyone got or heard of any one witht the Piper cam kits on a 2ZZGE? Id love to give it a try but im $hi7 scared of the fitting cost since we would need our timing chains taken off for the install.... I was looking at the 285 degree kit, the middle of the 3 grinds they offer. Would be well keen on any info anyone has.

Hey Guys,

I have to agree, low and even (just) sub 7 secs is certainly achievable out of the box.

I have a dash video of my car hitting 62 in 6.9 with just the Blitz CAI installed. Was on a 1/4 tank, warm evening and a fairly flat (maybe hinting at uphill) road. Just me in the car. When i get the flywheel properly bedded in ill give it another try and see how it goes this time.

There have to be variances in car performance, slight changes from different petrol, launch RPM, air temp, kerb weight etc that are giving everyone different times. Its strange through to see such a wide range of peoples times, i would have expected just to see a 0.1 here or 0.2 there argument, but there is quite a range of quoted times.

PS - slightly unrelated topic, but has anyone got or heard of any one witht the Piper cam kits on a 2ZZGE? Id love to give it a try but im $hi7 scared of the fitting cost since we would need our timing chains taken off for the install.... I was looking at the 285 degree kit, the middle of the 3 grinds they offer. Would be well keen on any info anyone has.

Easiest thing to do is join the Celica owners club and ask/search on there as a few have had it done. :thumbsup:

Might do that Cab, cheers.

Im sure weve all seen the dyno plots for the Piper Cams off the MWR website, so im more than keen to give it a go if it isnt going to mean reducing the car to its components just to get them fitted.

For those who havent seen them yet : Clicky

Ive actually got a buddy who has signed up to the Celica club for the engine advice, so might get him to keep his ears open for any info on this. Anything you guys hear would also be appreciated. Might start a new thread on this one i think...

I can get mine from 0-100 kmh (0-62) in 6.0

check it out :)

i did this with a complete full tank and 18 inch wheels

only mods are k&n typhoon and remus backbox

grtz

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=85at3ySsvRw

noob, that is 0-60km not miles.... =.=

who's the noob :D

first read and then comment

This is done on a flat road

grtz

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links