Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Speed Of The Gti-16

KPARRIS-JONES

Could anyone tell me what the 0-60 time is of the GTI and what the top speed is?

Everyone says that it's already fast but I don't know how fast. Some figures would be much appreciated! :D

top speed is 130 i think

top speed is 130 i think

That's pretty swift! My dads V6 Hyundai Coupe only does 135mph.

Thanks for the reply mate :thumbsup:

The Hyundais are stupidly heavy and while there engines are reliable, they just dont tug too well...

Our Poxy 1.8 eats his 2.7 :P Infact, Your poxy 1.6 will eat his 2.7. :D

The Hyundais are stupidly heavy and while there engines are reliable, they just dont tug too well...

I know! It turns out that the V6 of the Coupe is based on a Mitsubishi V6 but is incredibly detuned.

My dad is working around this by purchasing a racing longblock, good for 800bhp!, a supercharger (getting him up to 400bhp), and then he'll get a turbo which will get him up to 500-550bhp.

This is also with a maf to map ecu aswell which allows him to rev to 10,000rpm.

It will be a very nice ride!

And yes, my 1.6 could toast him, off the mark :) :D but around corners he has BILSTEIN coilovers which will ruin me! :(

my gti acheived a nice 135mph on the way back from Trax on an empty road, i know the speedos arn't 100% at those speeds but she was shifting :)

(on a private road of course!)

I know! It turns out that the V6 of the Coupe is based on a Mitsubishi V6 but is incredibly detuned.

My dad is working around this by purchasing a racing longblock, good for 800bhp!, a supercharger (getting him up to 400bhp), and then he'll get a turbo which will get him up to 500-550bhp.

This is also with a maf to map ecu aswell which allows him to rev to 10,000rpm.

It will be a very nice ride!

And yes, my 1.6 could toast him, off the mark :) :D but around corners he has BILSTEIN coilovers which will ruin me! :(

womt the engine need to be reinforced?

with all the power your dad will be running, or is that just with the older engine that have seen better days :lol:

Yeh he's getting a racing longblock with new cams, gears, a seasoned core, forged pistons, rings clips, big ends , con rods, hi-flo modified heads, dual front mounted intercooler system and valves + springs ect.

The WHOLE thing is changed over with stronger racing parts and he's getting polyuerothane engine mounts with billet clamps. Apparently, the supercharger makes a vaccum so he has to get a 90mm adjustable billet throttle body to get the most power.

lol my dad wont let me do the research or pay, every part i have ordered is always wrong :lol:

wonder what would happen if i was the organizer of a group buy LOOL

Ha ha!

Some of the parts that I ordered (out of my own cash! :censor: ) were wrong because it was a diferent plug fitting for the side repaters to the English one!

top speed is 130 i think

Top power on the non-TVis is anything from 129bhp to 138bhp, depending where you look. The most reliable info I could find said 134bhp. That might have been on Japanese petrol, and perhaps 129bhp is just the same engine running on UK petrol.

Based on top speeds of other cars with similar power, I predicted between 125mph and 128mph. On mine, I saw 130 repeatable and 134 once. My speedo is about 6% out based on other tests I have done.

Based on kerb weight of 1025kg, letstorquebhp.com predicts a 0-60 of 7.99s for 134bhp or 8.27s for 129bhp. 0-62mph (ie 0-100kph) would be around 0.3s slower

Apparently, the supercharger makes a vaccum so he has to get a 90mm adjustable billet throttle body to get the most power.

Nope.

Supercharger is an air pump so it gives boost just like a turbo but is driven differently. Turbo is driven by exhaust gas whereas a supercharger is driven from a pully on the crankshaft. This means that the supercharger has a fixed maximum rpm (unless you change the pulley diameters) so no need for a blow off valve.

I know how turbos and superchargers work, and the supercharger kit has the throttle body on the superchargers inlet* and then the superchargers compressed air goes through the inlet manifold and into the head. At least that's how it's done on the coupes' V6.

I got an e-mail and the guy said that the standard throttle body of the car is too small, and so the supercharger creates a vacuum. He said that the best power levels are aquired when you use the 90mm because there is no vacuum due to the better flow of air.

:P :P

* The air filter leads straight to the SC

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that mine would do that sort of speed,

I've only got something like 4bhp left! :lol:

I just wanted to know so that I could get a idea of what speeds I should be acheiving!

I know how turbos and superchargers work, and the supercharger kit has the throttle body on the superchargers inlet* and then the superchargers compressed air goes through the inlet manifold and into the head. At least that's how it's done on the coupes' V6.

I got an e-mail and the guy said that the standard throttle body of the car is too small, and so the supercharger creates a vacuum. He said that the best power levels are aquired when you use the 90mm because there is no vacuum due to the better flow of air.

:P :P

* The air filter leads straight to the SC

Really depends on how the system has been set up. On my 4A-GZE the air flow goes like this

Filter >supercharger>intercooler>throttle body>inlet manifold. This way as long as the supercharger is not idling the air in the system is always being compressed. Until the supercharger kicks in the the boost gauge shows vacuum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links