Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Youtube Vid Is By '37rambler'

rambler

hi again folks

just realised theres a few engine 'noise' vids,i call myself '37rambler' for you to recognise it,cant give you any more than that as dont know how to.

Here you go mate

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Here you go mate
Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

hey local hero,....thank you very much indeed,really appreaciated

That sounds like the serpentine belt... Mine makes that noise as well....it's worse on cold days...but goes away once warmed up...

It's the belt that runs the Air con and water pump etc...Anchorman has made several topics on this.....

I agree Chatters, I seem to remember a similar noise on my 4.2 but only on tickover as soon as you revved it it went away also a quick spray with Wd40 cured it but not for very long, really don't think its anything to worry about. I once heard of someone putting french chalk on a noisy belt but you'd better wait for Anch's opinion first..

Here is how to get the video to show within your post...

[youtube]k5UnNcX_j4A[/youtube]

If you look at the number here, then look at the url of your video on youtube........ think you should be able to work the rest out yourself.

That sounds like the serpentine belt... Mine makes that noise as well....it's worse on cold days...but goes away once warmed up...

It's the belt that runs the Air con and water pump etc...Anchorman has made several topics on this.....

hi chatman,ah someone else who has the same noise,thought i was the only unfortunate one in the whole world.

yes you are kind of right,mine is also worse on colder days,but you can just about hear mine at lower speeds as well,say 30mph..ish,after that tire / road noise blank it out.

If you look at the number here, then look at the url of your video on youtube........ think you should be able to work the rest out yourself.

hi cfc1

sorry but took me about 2 hrs just to get video,from phone to you tube ,thats about as far as my talents go.

many thanks anyway

i see you live in bo'ness,if thats the one near windermere.....you lucky lucky person,i adore the lakes,had many walking holidays up there over past 10 years. beautiful area

hi cfc1

sorry but took me about 2 hrs just to get video,from phone to you tube ,thats about as far as my talents go.

many thanks anyway

i see you live in bo'ness,if thats the one near windermere.....you lucky lucky person,i adore the lakes,had many walking holidays up there over past 10 years. beautiful area

Well, it is closer to Windermere than Warrington is.... or is it??

Its actually in Gods own country in a lovely beautiful setting with views of Grangemouth, the Forth Bridges, the rising Eastern sun, or

to us in the West

its ower by Edinburger

As fur yer belt - yer lucky its still oan!! Ma wan threw a belt last night at Bothwell Brig an ah wisnae fur stoppin tae pick it up!! Its awa tae the garage tae get a new belt so ra alternator gies the Battery a wee charge agin !...........................

Well, it is closer to Windermere than Warrington is.... or is it??

Warrington to Windermere - 79.4 miles

Edinburgh to Windermere - 152.2 miles.

The AA routefinder also said Warrington to Windermere would take 1 hour 28 mins :huh: At some times of the day it could take that long just to get over the Thelwall Viaduct! :lol::lol:

Note to self : Must get back up to the Lake District this year, beautiful country :yes::thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi the "serpentine" belt does not run the water pump an a D4D.

And i have lost count of the D4D engines i hear do this daily, nothing to worry about . :thumbsup:

Hi the "serpentine" belt does not run the water pump an a D4D.

And i have lost count of the D4D engines i hear do this daily, nothing to worry about . :thumbsup:

I thought it did :unsure: :unsure: thanks for the update...

I treat mine as the old girl chirping to me in the morning.... :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links