Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Blue Glovebox

roadiadi

I have had my glove box removed by my local dealership and returned to Toyota as there is a fault with the catch on the top of it. It will not stay closed when the vehicle moves. This is my second Aygo Blue and there was no fault with the previous one.

Has anyone else had a problem with theirs ?

• 2 weeks later...

Its a common problem. Go to a peugeot or citroen garage and ask for part number 9425AL. This will solve the problem for £1.40 + vat

Thanks for that parts king !

It is frustrating that there is no glove box cover at all now !

Surely the boffins cant take this long to remedy the problem ?

• 2 years later...

Had the same problem with my Aygo Blue.

Toyota have modified the glove box locking catch (thank goodness) I've had two replacements lids - (Heavy handed girl friend).

The new lid has a slider locking system, far easier and totally girl friend proof ! so far.

Alan

I have just fitted the new glove box lid, ordered from the Toyota dealer and it is a very good fit. The plastic latch extends quite high and locks well. The string attched to the lid will prevent it from extending too far on opening the lid. Let us see how long it lasts but can not find fault with it just now.

• 2 months later...

I bought a two year old Aygo in Aug 2010 and like you the glove box wouldn't stay shut when I drove. Fortunately at the time I had a year's warrantly and they adjusted it and it's been fine ever since. Great little car at first I thought but haven't been happy with the build quality as seem to have seem to have everything go wrong that could go wrong. Clutch has just gone and only done 30,000! All good when still under warranty but did not bother to extend it as thought it was a relatively new car and shouldn't need to! how wrong was I.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links