Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opening The Boot

cymro

hi to all,

is there an internal switch that opens the boot on my 1996 toyota previa estima 2.2 td, for some reason, it wont accept my key, just wondering if there is a locking/unlocking switch in the vehicle

many thanks in advance

arwyn

Not the same car @ all & much older, but my Rolla Executive has two levers on the floor @ the rhs of the drivers seat. 1 for the petrol flap & the other for the boot

Hope this is of some help :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club, Mate, & I hope you enjoy your stay with us :yes:

Not the same car @ all & much older, but my Rolla Executive has two levers on the floor @ the rhs of the drivers seat. 1 for the petrol flap & the other for the boot

thanks for the info mate, and a big thank you for the welcome

thanks for the info mate, and a big thank you for the welcome

I had a 1994 Previa which I'm sure had a lever up by the drivers seat to open the boot. Can't remember where!!!

hi to all,

is there an internal switch that opens the boot on my 1996 toyota previa estima 2.2 td, for some reason, it wont accept my key, just wondering if there is a locking/unlocking switch in the vehicle

many thanks in advance

arwyn

had a look underneath the drivers seat, and there is only the switch to open diesel cap, could it be that the fuse for central locking that has blown, if so. where could i find the fuse

the fuse box should be in the passenger foot well under the dash OR depending on the extras on the car on the top part of the centre console? try your central locking switch on the drivers door?? welcome to the club.

the fuse box should be in the passenger foot well under the dash OR depending on the extras on the car on the top part of the centre console? try your central locking switch on the drivers door?? welcome to the club.

hi

ive tried the central locking switch,it makes a noise when locking, but no noise when unlocking, is there any other way ???????????????/

I am surprised that there isn't a lever for the boot, when it has one for the filler flap :o

Since the lock won't accept your key & the vehicle is 13 y.o. perhaps your Fob key has always been used to open it & is now worn. Have you tried your spare key , which is probably virtually unused ?

Central locking doesn't affect mine. I have to open the car & pull the internal lever, or unlock the boot with the key.

I am surprised that there isn't a lever for the boot, when it has one for the filler flap :o

Since the lock won't accept your key & the vehicle is 13 y.o. perhaps your Fob key has always been used to open it & is now worn. Have you tried your spare key , which is probably virtually unused ?

Central locking doesn't affect mine. I have to open the car & pull the internal lever, or unlock the boot with the key.

have checked ,only diesel filler cap, did not get fob key when i bought it, always used spare key, tried squirting wd40 etc, with no luck

have checked ,only diesel filler cap, did not get fob key when i bought it, always used spare key, tried squirting wd40 etc, with no luck

i contacted someone that was selling a 1996 estima on eBay, and he told me that there is no lever inside

same as my one opens the petrol cap and boot.

same as my one opens the petrol cap and boot.

suppose they dont have one on a estima then

Bring her to your local locksmith. I have seen ours rescuing people who have locked themselves out.

It won't be cheap. I think our man charges about Euro 100 for a call out :unsure:

It would be worth it, though. Your boot will be usable again :thumbsup: I have also seen him stripping down steering columns to fix ignition switches :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links