Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall

GregP

I know the topic was already discussed but...

When I have checked recall notes (steering issue) my Auris was fine, and I haven't received any letter from Toyota. Two days ago someone called me in behalf of Toyota and I was told my car must be taken back to the dealer to have the job done. I was also told that someone from my local Toyota centre will call me. No one did so I have called them today and they said that yes I should bring the car over. I am bit puzzled now. My car is not on a list for recall, I haven't received the letter and when I called them and asked they said yes. Has anyone got similar experience? How long did it take to fix it as they need my car for at least half a day.

I know the topic was already discussed but...

When I have checked recall notes (steering issue) my Auris was fine, and I haven't received any letter from Toyota. Two days ago someone called me in behalf of Toyota and I was told my car must be taken back to the dealer to have the job done. I was also told that someone from my local Toyota centre will call me. No one did so I have called them today and they said that yes I should bring the car over. I am bit puzzled now. My car is not on a list for recall, I haven't received the letter and when I called them and asked they said yes. Has anyone got similar experience? How long did it take to fix it as they need my car for at least half a day.

As far as I've heard, doesn't take longer than 5 to 10 mins and if it is under warranty, I don't see what's the concern about? Just take it to the dealer - won't cost you anything but the gas to get there :thumbsup:

That is why I am asking...they said that need my car in the morning at 8am so I can pick it up by EOB (??). I said I am not able to do it so then agreed latest by 12 noon. It is not 5 minutes.

mine is booked in for this, I have been told that it will take less than a hour

I guess it is my luck then...last time I left it for a "quick" brake job I picked it up next day in the afternoon :) and one hour service became 5 hours service...

i work for toyota and can tell you that this is a very simple job, should take no longer than 10-15mins to complete.

All you do is removed the upper and lower steering coulings and undo 2 nuts to drop the coloum down and replace 2 plastic spacers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links