Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What The **** Is This?

piezo

Washed my car on saturday and discovered some rather unexpected!

On the drivers door I found this:

rust001xd1.th.png

How could this have happened?

It's rare but not unheard of... it's all covered under warranty:

12 Year anti-corrosion & perforation warranty:

12 years unlimited mileage cover* protecting against rust perforation affecting any sheet metal body panel occurring as a result of a manufacturing fault, transferable to subsequent owners.

3 Year mechanical warranty:

3 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first, covering your car against the unlikely event of a mechanical fault attributable to a manufacturing defect - includes full RAC recovery service for the first 12 months.

3 Year paintwork & surface rust warranty:

3 years unlimited mileage cover protecting against defects and surface rust occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect.

Only covered under warranty if you can show it's not a stone chip. Good luck arguing it's not.

yeaqh especialy as there looks like another chip just above!!

I'd be pretty p***ed off with rust on such a new car looks like it's also rusting under the window seal. I only had a couple of spots like that after 100,000+ miles and 7 years on my Focus, I hope I can get the cash together to get rid of my Aygo before mine starts rusting (along with the leaks and rattles).

Let us know how you get on at the dealers, shame such a lovely little car seems to be increasingly blighted with quality issues.

Problem is when it starts it doesn’t get better. That patch will always come through and then you will notice other bits starting to rust.

Take a close look at other areas and you may find more :(

Its all about Warrenty =]

Yeah because taking it back to the dealers every couple of months is what owning a new Toyota is about.

its only because there Cheaply made =/

but i still Love my Aygo =D

I wish Toyota had made the Aygo as a 100% Toyota built and owned without any French influence, it could be so much improved.

Yeah because taking it back to the dealers every couple of months is what owning a new Toyota is about.

Sometimes bad things happen... to be honest there are worse things in the world than your new car going a bit wrong...

So you have to take it to a dealer, it's not really a big deal is it? It's free, that's what your warranty is for.

Nothing is infallible, no human, no machine and certainly no car. To expect perfection is aiming a bit too high for a small, budget car. :yes: If you didn't have a warranty and had to pay for the work I'm sure you'd be a hell of a lot more peeved...

Sometimes bad things happen... to be honest there are worse things in the world than your new car going a bit wrong...

So you have to take it to a dealer, it's not really a big deal is it? It's free, that's what your warranty is for.

Nothing is infallible, no human, no machine and certainly no car. To expect perfection is aiming a bit too high for a small, budget car. :yes: If you didn't have a warranty and had to pay for the work I'm sure you'd be a hell of a lot more peeved...

sorry its not a budget car when you pay 11,650 euro for an Aygo (thats what the cheapest model sold for here ) and mine rusted at the roof , first they sprayed a patch on the front then rust again at the rear and they had to respray all the roof of the car! I know no car is perfect but to have a new car rusting after 6 months !!!

Its a shame really, and really goes to show what I have always said... "they don't make cars like they used to"

In the last Two days I have read about rusty Aygos, Melting headlights, and further auris recalls... Its not just Toyota either, My old man's brand new S class has had issues, and my M3 had a rear spring snap at 16000 miles...

The trouble is new doesn't mean new. They're built and stockpiled in a huge car park somewhere.

In January I made enquiries about a facelifted AYGO - they said 1 week delivery. So they're already built!

I mean new compared to my 20 year old supra that was spotless, or my 12 year old Hilux with was faultless despite heavy abuse, or my old man's previous '97 S class that gave over 10 years flawless service.

Things are simply not as well built.

Cutting corners to increase profits/lower prices are to blame I'd say!

Mines got a couple of rust spots on it, caused by stone chips tho. Just put on some of this 'solution' (cant remember what its called) makes the rust turn black and helps prevent spreading

KRUST i think thats called :)

Brick bounced off the A pillar of mine 2 days ago, left a 5p size dent and no paint :(

Having it looked at by toyota tomorrow, gonna get them to do the repair work so that its covered under warranty.

plus perfection is rather boring!! a car needs character and with perfection comes no character!! :D

plus perfection is rather boring!! a car needs character and with perfection comes no character!! :D

I’d rather have a boring car with no rust than a car with 'rusty character' :thumbsup:

Washed my car on saturday and discovered some rather unexpected!

On the drivers door I found this:

rust001xd1.th.png

How could this have happened?

I can't really understand how on earth one fine day you washed the car & found all that rust!!!! Its sooo clear the rust was caused by a severe stone chip, leavin no paint & after some good time rust formed for good!!! I guess you never treated it mate...... & now you're puttin pics on this forum trying to make us believe that rust can form overnight!!!

now you're puttin pics on this forum trying to make us believe that rust can form overnight!!!

It can. Take a look at my brake discs when it rains! Rust appears almost instantly :eek:

now you're puttin pics on this forum trying to make us believe that rust can form overnight!!!

It can. Take a look at my brake discs when it rains! Rust appears almost instantly :eek:

Yeah, rust can form within less than a day actually :P

I agree with the discs after it rains, first time i saw it i was like wtfff!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links