Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Seen The Boat?

michelp

Hello all,

I have placed an order for an IQ2 with all the packs + leather seats early January 09 with a Delivery date for 3rd week Feb.

That never happened, then I am told the good news a couple of weeks ago that the IQ was on a boat making its way to UK.

Just wondering if anyone has seen the boat? Does it take that long even from Japan?

I can't get anything out of Toyota. If I speak to them, they seem to know as little as me.

So it looks like we have gone from a three weeks delivery to a "maybe" 8 to 9 weeks.

Is Toyota that busy at the moment that they can't be bothered letting customers know when to expect their car??

How long did you have to wait for yours??? are you still waiting?

it seems that the little car is suffering from quiet a few hiccups and I am just wondering if its' worth all that wait.

all the best.

M

Japan, it's a long way!

But its only common courtesy to let you know the ETA, the dealer WILL have an ETA

Kingo :thumbsup:

Mine arrived at the delaers 2 weeks exactly after ordering, that was in mid feb. Altho i didnt have leather or sat nav, but i did have the spoiler/exhaust/valance

I would go back to your dealer and get them to double check, i went in the day before mine was due to come in (altho noone knew it at that time) they went to check and were as surprised as i was to find out it was the next day!

Hope that makes sense lol

anything from japan that comes on a boat will take 6 weeks. then you have the time whilst its at the docks and transportation time to your dealer incl prep work.

Mine was over two weeks early, amethyst too & from Japan! Well impressed. Dealer only has to do a PDI which takes a few hours. I know the waiting list now for purple is 8 wks as someone saw mine when I was collecting it & went in & ordered one.

Some dealers can be a tad lazy but keep pushing...

Jaine

(worked at Land Rover dealers for 3 yrs).

Hello all,

I have placed an order for an IQ2 with all the packs + leather seats early January 09 with a Delivery date for 3rd week Feb.

That never happened, then I am told the good news a couple of weeks ago that the IQ was on a boat making its way to UK.

Just wondering if anyone has seen the boat? Does it take that long even from Japan?

I can't get anything out of Toyota. If I speak to them, they seem to know as little as me.

So it looks like we have gone from a three weeks delivery to a "maybe" 8 to 9 weeks.

Is Toyota that busy at the moment that they can't be bothered letting customers know when to expect their car??

How long did you have to wait for yours??? are you still waiting?

it seems that the little car is suffering from quiet a few hiccups and I am just wondering if its' worth all that wait.

all the best.

M

try google earth, the ships going so slow you might spot it????????

anything from japan that comes on a boat will take 6 weeks. then you have the time whilst its at the docks and transportation time to your dealer incl prep work.

News From Toyota. (actually me ringing them begging for some news)

The boat went via the Bermuda Triangle and was lost at see. Rest their soul!

The 22nd march second delivery date will not be meet.

We are now looking at April but still no date.

To do with a shortage of leather.

Just when I thought that we had too many cows on the planet.

Not bad for a car ordered in January.

A colleague ordered a Corsa in January 2008 and didnt get it until June 2008 due to an optional extra she wanted so it happens elsewhere too...

I feel for you... i waited from October last year till delivery on Feb 1st! At least the leather is great, it needs it.

But my dealer did seem to indicate that when i picked it up that any cars ordered in jan/feb will be delivery for MAY.

I feel for you... i waited from October last year till delivery on Feb 1st! At least the leather is great, it needs it.

But my dealer did seem to indicate that when i picked it up that any cars ordered in jan/feb will be delivery for MAY.

Wow. That's encouraging!

Will Toyota still be in business in may?

News From Toyota. (actually me ringing them begging for some news)

The boat went via the Bermuda Triangle and was lost at see. Rest their soul!

The 22nd march second delivery date will not be meet.

The good news is the vessel will emerge in 2029 with a boatload of classic cars in pristine condition! So we have that to look forward to!

From our supply bulletin:

Good availability on all iQ deriviivres of Black and White models

Longer lead times on leather are being addressed , further supplies have been sourced and lead times are coming down, this is due to the very high level of demand for leather option Para phrased to save typing :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links