Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Air Lock

stv_t

Hi,

I have recently replaced the radiator on my 1990 Celica GT4 ST185 and appear to have gotten an airlock in the heater matirx. Does anyone now the best way to get it out. Is it simply a matter of disconnecting the top hose where it goes in through the bulkhead from the engine compartment and letting the air escape or is more drastic than that.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully as soon as possible before it gets to cold. :thumbsup:

Stv T

try this when the engines cold, fill up rad and overflow to their max marks, and run the engine with the rad cap off, and squeeze the hoses to help the water go through them.

carry on filling the rad as necesary (with water if youv already put plenty of antifreeze in), wait until the fan starts, then cuts out, turn the heater on to full heat and the highest it goes speedwise.

once the fans kicked in the second time you should be ok to put the rad cap back on - but dont take the rad cap off from a hot engine as its under pressure and you could get scalded.

that should do the trick unless theres another problem.

good luck

• 5 years later...

so i open both rad caps when its cold and fill them to the max and leave the hose in start the engine untill the fan goes off stop the engine turn my heaters on full blast and the when the fan goes again put the caps back on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links