Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hey Guys

powered_by_pies

Hey guys,

Just signed up as I'm looking to enter the world of Toyota pretty soon. Bit of background info - my name's andy, 20 years young, from Portsmouth UK (therefore massive pompey supporter!), and I currently drive some lump of dump mk3 golf, which isn't worth the petrol I put into it!

Now, I wanted to ask a couple of questions, and I hope this is the right place to ask them - I didn't want to clog up other parts of the forum if it was worth just sticking all I needed to ask on here, so here goes....

I've been looking at getting a new car for a while, but I've been holding out until I reach that magical age of 21, when insurance prices for larger power cars drops down.

I've been toying with three options - all Toyota - the Starlet Glanza V, the Celica GT four and a N/A manual Supra.

Obviously, each of these cars have different aspects to them, so I just wanted to ask - with little experience with RWD cars, and the desire to go for something with a fair bit of poke under the bonnet, whiat would be the best car for me to consider as an uprgrade from some rank 1.6 golf? Obviously, I'll need to re-adjust my driving ability to suit the needs of all three cars, so really, it's more of a question of what, experience wise, would I get more out of for my money?

At the moment, I'm leaning really heavily towards the GT Four, as it's an AWD set-up and according to some I've asked, means it gives you a bit more confidence in driving. The down side is that I've heard that the SS is expensive and is likely to need replacing at around 60K, and that the gearbox is both expensive and not incredibly strong.

The supra comes in second, as a car that holds road presence, and will allow me to enter the world of RWD cars. The downsides are that it can be a handful on the twisty's, especially in the wet, and that it's also a bit of a 'barge'?

The starlet's advantges for me are that if you can get a decent Glanza, they're not too bad to run, and you can get some impressive stats from them due to their power to weight ratio, and tuning with BPU is a doddle. The downsides for me are that it's road presence isn't as strong as the Supra's or the GT Four's, but that's my opinion, and could easily be wrong. Also, for a decent Glanza V, it looks to me like they cost the same for a relatively decent GT four.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? I appologise for the long post, but I really want to get as much knowledge under my belt before I invest my hard-earned (or even save my hard-earned!) and plump with one of the three.

I also want to be sure I make the right choice in a car that suits my driving ability I don't want to go for something that ends up being more than I can chew, if you understand me.

I've got serious car-envy as well - my mate picked up a spanking new astra VXR yesterday, for his 21st no less!

Anyway, thanks for looking guys, and thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Hi and welcome.

Probably best to post the question into one of the other forums, as questions shouldn't really be posted here, and some members probably wont review this forum often.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links