Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Rattle On Avensis

Pg29

can anyone help!!!!

should i go to the dealer or customer services.

A fault on my 53 T4 1.8 dating back 2 yrs ago following a recal to modify the electric power steering motor has i feel returned.

The dealer has confirmed that the mod was carried out nearly 2 yrs ago. If i believe the rattle is from the power steering gearing in the motor where the modification was carried out then its no longer under warrenty. I would have to pay for a diagnosis £80 phr and then who knows.

Q do i take this further with the dealer or go to customer services.. Now i have been told that ....Toyota dealers are graded on their customer service as much as they are on sales, and by informing Toyota of your dissatisfaction you’ve let the “cat out of the bag”. Now the dealer has less to gain by helping you — the dealer is more willing to help you if they know you’re not going to tattle on them to Toyota.

and a second tip is ..your best hope for a solution is to work with your local dealer. Believe it or not, the dealership is invested in solving your problem because they know it’s the best way to make you a lifetime customer.

This script came from an american site so i am not sure if its valid in the UK.

My thoughts are that they have an obligation to investigate and/or replace because the characteristics are so similer and the fault was one that should not have occuredin this stage of the products life. any advice would be appreciated

can anyone help!!!!

A fault on my 53 T4 1.8 dating back 2 yrs ago following a recal to modify the electric power steering motor has i feel returned.

The dealer has confirmed that the mod was carried out nearly 2 yrs ago. If i believe the rattle is from the power steering gearing in the motor where the modification was carried out then its no longer under warrenty. I would have to pay for a diagnosis £80 phr and then who knows.

Q do i take this further with the dealer or go to customer services.. Now i have been told that ....Toyota dealers are graded on their customer service as much as they are on sales, and by informing Toyota of your dissatisfaction you’ve let the “cat out of the bag”. Now the dealer has less to gain by helping you — the dealer is more willing to help you if they know you’re not going to tattle on them to Toyota.

and a second tip is ..your best hope for a solution is to work with your local dealer. Believe it or not, the dealership is invested in solving your problem because they know it’s the best way to make you a lifetime customer.

My thoughts are that they have an obligation to investigate and/or replace because the characteristics are so similer and the fault was one that should not have occuredin this stage of the products life. any advice would be appreciated

hello

i do not believe it comes from gear (there is worm gear dully lubricactced -- this gear type works always noiselessly subject to lubricant inside)

as to 80 pounds -- we always pay for diagnostic to have a clear picture despite of the final solution of the owner. as i deem the custom service manager is belong to each official dealer. as to tattle to Toyota --- believe me - i ve been trying to have direct contact on Toyota in Derby ( to exbut nothing has been found and all i could express is in special envelope at dealership that is normally confidentially filled in by each client. CHeck with suspension carefully -- may be minor fault criates unusual feeliings. CHeers/Igor

can anyone help!!!!

hello

i do not believe it comes from gear (there is worm gear dully lubricactced -- this gear type works always noiselessly subject to lubricant inside)

as to 80 pounds -- we always pay for diagnostic to have a clear picture despite of the final solution of the owner. as i deem the custom service manager is belong to each official dealer. as to tattle to Toyota --- believe me - i ve been trying to have direct contact on Toyota in Derby ( to exbut nothing has been found and all i could express is in special envelope at dealership that is normally confidentially filled in by each client. CHeck with suspension carefully -- may be minor fault criates unusual feeliings. CHeers/Igor

I am not sure what to do now... Is the only way to get Toyota to investigate this matter, to pay, even though it could be a repeat of a serious safety issue. do i not have a case for them and not me to investigate?

I understand whst you say, It could turn out to be something else, but could i have a case for them investigating the steering first before i pay for a diagonsis

can anyone help!!!!

hello

I am not sure what to do now... Is the only way to get Toyota to investigate this matter, to pay, even though it could be a repeat of a serious safety issue. do i not have a case for them and not me to investigate?

I understand whst you say, It could turn out to be something else, but could i have a case for them investigating the steering first before i pay for a diagonsis

hello

try to investigate it in very reliable garage -- it would be cheapper but in fact they must to have all facilities to give you the ture info.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links