Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Servicing Advice

WHEELIE

Hi guys im new to this forum so hi all.

i have just bought a 2009 aygo black (pick it up friday yayyy). i have bought it on a pyp scheme, so i pay it over 3 years then get the option to buy it or give it back etc...

however, does this mean i will have to take it to toyota to be serviced for them to have it back (if i hand it back after 2 years), because i normally use another garage that services my cars, he warned me that toyota will say that they have to do the warranty etc....but im not sure whether this is true or not???

Hope that makes sense...Can anyone help me? :huh: :P

Shouldn't do, government past legislation donkeys ago which means that as long as you use a VAT registered garage who use Toyota authorised parts and stmap your book in accordance with the service schedule you should be fine :)

I would check the small print just to be safe...

Shouldn't do, government past legislation donkeys ago which means that as long as you use a VAT registered garage who use Toyota authorised parts and stmap your book in accordance with the service schedule you should be fine :)

thanks for that. i did ask at toyota and they said i need use a toyota garage to service but they are going to say that arent they haha B)

thanks for that. i did ask at toyota and they said i need use a toyota garage to service but they are going to say that arent they haha B)

To cover your back I would ask them whether it must be a Toyota Garage or a "VAT Registered garage using Toyota authorised parts" to cover your back more than anything else.

To cover your back I would ask them whether it must be a Toyota Garage or a "VAT Registered garage using Toyota authorised parts" to cover your back more than anything else.

cheers nissan man will do :)

You need to check the PCP agreement - remember the car isn't yours so advice about using any VAT registered garage may not be applicable.

The issue about using any VAT garage is only in relation to dealers still honouring warranty work and not about PCP schemes.

Providing the garage you take it to uses genuine Toyota parts as said then I dont see the problem. If the part that is replaced is replaced by exactly the same part then why would anyone question that it had been replaced in the first place

Zaaro - because as I have said on a PCP you are only renting the car and you are bound by the terms and conditions of the agreement. If you choose to hand it back at the end of the rental Toyota may want a FSH from a dealer to ensure they can sell it on for top dollar.

Most lease cars companies work in a similar way - cars must be serviced at franchised dealer.

Penalties on PCPs for non compliance of terms and conditions can be harsh and a lot more than the few quid you would save by using an independent garage for a service.

If you are going to buy the car anyway then this is not an issue, but there are cheaper ways of buying the car than a PCP.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links