Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Someone Stole My Car! :(

AE_92

I bought mine in 2000 as well and is still as good as new. Also protects the airbag from potential theft.

That is unlikely to work as under the scrappage scheme the scrapped vehicle must have been registered to the owner for at least 12 months before applying for the scheme.

This was done to prevent people picking up cheap £100 wrecks and making their £1900 out of the deal.

That's why I said organised criminals the same ones who have scrap yards, garages, paint shops, and forgers on the payroll.

Tax payers cash is very well protected!
So it can be used to pay for cleaners, second homes, bath plugs and table lamps etc etc etc

And don't even get me started on benefit fraud.

OK end of rant, sorry for going :offtopic:

Are steering locks expensive, and are there any other things that will keep it safe? :g:

I’ve been using this lock for the last 9 years. I wonder how many times my car has been seen by a potential thief only to go to someone else’s car once they see a steering lock?

If they leave mine alone and go to another one that hasn’t got a visual deterrent then it’s worth every penny. Its jut something else to put them off. I can’t think of anything else to do to my car, I have an alarm, immobiliser, locking wheel nuts dead locks tamper proof tax disc holder... and so far so good :thumbsup:

58041409-autolock-2000.jpg

This is better you can take the whole steering wheel off I would like to see them try and drive off with no steering wheel lol

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/Pro...pcode=MTN144444

Still have no word from the police :( the car did have some good parts in it , it had gti suspension with koni shocks and fensport spring and had a optima yellow top Battery :( I’ve been keeping an eye out on eBay and other sites to see if they put it up for sale

ill keep my eye out buddy, rang my local scrapy to keep a look out for ya, as i was down having a rumage to see if i could find anything for my one lol

my uncle has a gear lock thats mental....

can't physicaly be removed unless you get an anglegrinder in the car....

the mount gets welded to the chaisis, and then there is a dlock that goes round the gear stick, meaning you put it in neutral, and then put the lock on it, and no1 can nick it.

"simples" --- meercat voice

and im sorry to hear that it got nicked mate, i hate some of the youth today (im 19..) there stuck up, cocky little C***TS....

hope that you have more luck with finding it, you been able to go out and have a look round all the back roads and stuff yourself??

im not a fan of steering locks or anything like this, but my mate recently bought a bugeye scoob and the guy who sold it chucked in an anti theft device which ive never seen before, it slips over your handbrake and clamps round the gear stick, locking it in first gear - why first gear i dont know, would of thought neutral would of made more sense but either way its a good idea!!

a01m.jpg

Locking it in first gear stops it from being pushed or towed away as its in gear. Anyway, it’s a waste of time and money as all you have to do is unscrew the gear knob and take it off :D

After being hit/drilled the disk lock type still withstood the battering and stayed on the steering wheel :thumbsup:

autolok2000roncs.jpg

yer good point actually, never thought of that DOH!!

i still think the chances of a car thief wouldnt get past the immobiliser, well they could but for the amount of work involved they wouldnt deem it worthwhile for something like my car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links