Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3sge To 3sgte

celicahead

Hi all, I have an st202 running the 3sge lump want to get a bit more out of it, I know that the 3sgte is the natural upgrade but i cant find one for less than £1000 ok fair enough.

Can any one suggest upgrades to performance without such a dent in my wallet?

I have a good mechanic mate who strongly believes that it is possible to turbo the 3sge with the ecu turbo and manifolds provided you fit a specially made thicker head gasket to change the compression ratio.

Has any one attempted such a thing? is it reliable?

Cheers :unsure:

you can but it will most likely eat the pistons fairly quickly. dont forget that if your engine is in good condition you can sell that to offset some of the cost.

TBH with what it costs to safely turbo the 3S-GE its cheaper to drop in the 3S-GTE along with the mr2 turbo gearbox.

power costs money. plus the fact you can run 300bhp all day long on a stock 3S-GTE whereas on the GE youll be forever having failures of one kind or another.

you can but it will most likely eat the pistons fairly quickly. dont forget that if your engine is in good condition you can sell that to offset some of the cost.

TBH with what it costs to safely turbo the 3S-GE its cheaper to drop in the 3S-GTE along with the mr2 turbo gearbox.

power costs money. plus the fact you can run 300bhp all day long on a stock 3S-GTE whereas on the GE youll be forever having failures of one kind or another.

You can do it it is a lot of work but worthy in the end. I agree iw would be easier to sell your enging and upgrade that way. you could recon your engine at little cost and get more money for it to help. I have a T26 Turbo i am selling that you could use. Not a big turbo and if you set it right and don't drive too hard then the pistons and valves would not wear away. The choice is yours. But make sure you get a good engine. Most places have a running bench. Get them to jack it on and listen for rattles etc.

• 2 months later...
Hi all, I have an st202 running the 3sge lump want to get a bit more out of it, I know that the 3sgte is the natural upgrade but i cant find one for less than £1000 ok fair enough.

Can any one suggest upgrades to performance without such a dent in my wallet?

I have a good mechanic mate who strongly believes that it is possible to turbo the 3sge with the ecu turbo and manifolds provided you fit a specially made thicker head gasket to change the compression ratio.

Has any one attempted such a thing? is it reliable?

Cheers :unsure:

Did you manage to find a 3sgte engine. i have a complete engine with all ancilaries and everything needed for a transplant going for £600. low milage

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links