Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

When To Service Verso 2.2 D4d '06

*Rich*

Might sound daft, but should I service my car when it gets to the appropriate mileage, or is there a service light that will come on when it needs it?

Thanks.

I just had my Verso serviced at the specified milage. After the service I asked about the OIL CHECK light on the dash and was told it would come on about 6,000 miles after the service is due or once the oil has become so contaminated it would damage the engine. So go with the schedule not the dashboard lights.

I just had my Verso serviced at the specified milage. After the service I asked about the OIL CHECK light on the dash and was told it would come on about 6,000 miles after the service is due or once the oil has become so contaminated it would damage the engine. So go with the schedule not the dashboard lights.

Sounds like a great design that!

It tells you to service the car after the oil has been damaging the engine.

Thanks for the reply.

Go by the mileage intervals, per the service book/manual. Remeber to check the oil level regularly between services - once monthly as a minimum. DON'T wait for the oil light to come on before checking the oil level!

Always been advised annual service irrespective of mileage clocked, unless more than 20k per year in which case would suggest a quick oil/filter change in between (only £31 with vat at National Autocentres). Diesel engines being more robust can take alot more tolerance in wear and tear.

Always been advised annual service irrespective of mileage clocked, unless more than 20k per year in which case would suggest a quick oil/filter change in between (only £31 with vat at National Autocentres). Diesel engines being more robust can take alot more tolerance in wear and tear.

Hi

Sorry have to disagree here.... you should have it serviced every 10,000 miles or yearly. A modern diesel engine needs just as much servicing as any other engine, they are no more robust than a petrol engine, indeed some manufactorers use the same block for both petrol and diesel. A diesel engine has to cope with far higher compression figures and torque loadings than a petrol one...

Pete

Hi

Sorry have to disagree here.... you should have it serviced every 10,000 miles or yearly. A modern diesel engine needs just as much servicing as any other engine, they are no more robust than a petrol engine, indeed some manufactorers use the same block for both petrol and diesel. A diesel engine has to cope with far higher compression figures and torque loadings than a petrol one...

Pete

I agree with you Pete :D I thought that was what I stated "Always been advised annual service irrespective of mileage clocked" and "unless more than 20k per year in which case would suggest a quick oil/filter change in between", half of 20k is 10k :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links