Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise Coming From Rear Wheel On My Celica Gt

SIBAY

I have a 1994 (M reg) Celica GT

For the past few days there has been a knocking noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel...The noise speeds up as the car gets faster (if that makes sense) Thats how I'm assuming its from the wheel.

I wondered if this was a wheel bearing? But I always thought that a wheel bearing gone is more of a whirring sound?

Any help as to what this is would be appreciated.

I have a 1994 (M reg) Celica GT

For the past few days there has been a knocking noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel...The noise speeds up as the car gets faster (if that makes sense) Thats how I'm assuming its from the wheel.

I wondered if this was a wheel bearing? But I always thought that a wheel bearing gone is more of a whirring sound?

Any help as to what this is would be appreciated.

is the wheel buckled?... any knocking on rough roads or bumps??

Have you checked to see if all your Wheel Nuts are tightened up?

if you find out what this is, i would love to know as i have the same problem.

One thing i have been told is a possibility, is that the brake discs buckle after heavy braking, and this is known to cause some noise. apparantly, as part of a full service they even sand the discs down as this is a known problem....

I havent changed my discs yet so i dont know if this will fix the issue... when i do, i'll keep u informed

I have a knocking too,coming from rear of car 1993 St183,changed rear disc's yesterday,still knocking,but it seems only when i go over a rough road or bump. Could this be shocks???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links