Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Bulb Thread

189bhp

Right, so i got some PIAA bulbs the other day and i tried fitting them into my T Sport. I managed get my hands in to remove the cover, unplug the wire, remove the spring and the old bulb but when im trying to put the new bulb in, it seems impossible to push the bulb far enough into the casing and have it pointing straight. At the moment, its sitting loose inside the lamp and pointing upwards with the spring preventing it from dropping out.

what am i doing wrong and is it really that hard to change a light bulb?

They are rather fiddly, you'll probably find that using a pair of thin longnosed pliers will help greatly.

The bent ones are even better, took me a while first time round to sort them.

Did you start on the passenger side? It's far easier on that side to see what you're doing as you can just remover the Battery.

They are rather fiddly, you'll probably find that using a pair of thin longnosed pliers will help greatly.

The bent ones are even better, took me a while first time round to sort them.

Did you start on the passenger side? It's far easier on that side to see what you're doing as you can just remover the battery.

yeah i am trying to replace the one on the passenger side first but with the Battery still there though. my hands are nimble enough to get in the tight space but its just trying to get the bulb in the right position that im having trouble with. i dont fancy taking it to Halfords and paying £8 everytime i want to change a bulb. is it easy to remove the Battery?

took me under 4 mins on drivers side with nothing but hands and a flatblade. pffffft.

best thing is to hold the pins btween the 2 fingers and guide it in at a graduating angle. bish bash bosh. job done.

i replaced my drivers side the other day, bit of a %$(er with the brake servo in the way, didnt fancy removing that lol

i found i was having problems because i had the bulb upside down :rolleyes: the flat edge with the little spike on the edge needs to point upwards, if that makes sense!! if doing the passenger side i would take the time to remove the Battery, would make your life that little bit easier!!

Just keep at it dude, you'll get there in the end. I did and i havent got the smallest of hands. The only bulb i cant change is the passenger side indicator, now that is a F***ER to change!!

i managed to fit the bulb in, turned out i was trying to fit the bulb in upside down :thumbsup:

next question, if i was to replace my side lights, what size of bulbs should i be looking for and how easy is it to replace these?

i managed to fit the bulb in, turned out i was trying to fit the bulb in upside down :thumbsup:

thank god i wasnt the only one :rolleyes: lol

side lights are 501 me thinks. I had a set which were covered in blue film and they were crap looked the same, now i have led's from eBay and they look mint will try and get a piccy up for you :thumbsup:

sorry for long wait, piccys aint the best as from my phone. But you get the idea i hope lol!!

ImportedPhotos000082-1.jpg

ImportedPhotos000062.jpg

ImportedPhotos000072.jpg

laa69

I'll try and find the link on eBay i used. No haven't got hids. The blue light you see is the side light, the only other light on is my fogs :)

I am thinking of getting hids tho hehe :)

Cheers dude, the side lights are funky but its my dipped beams i want hids for :)

Cant find the link i used on eBay, but if you search 501 leds loads will pop up. You dont need a fitment for the exact car so any 501 led you have will fit. My sidelights have 4 leds there are some with 5 or others which are called 360 degrees. :thumbsup:

wayhay you got some then bridges mate :) look good!

aye after seeing yours dude i had to get some. Another photoshoot in the multistorey?!?!?!

we will have to sometime matey! not got the cam at the moment unless i used the ol digi cam for some snaps.

once i get a new car though deffo :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links