Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Key Remote

azteczero

Hi I have a toyota previa 2003 and been having problems with my car key remote. the key remote won't lock or unlock the doors and if i try to use the key manually the alarm sets off. I can start the car but when i switch off and open the door the alarm goes off again. I tried using the spare key but still no luck. It only does it sometimes. it will work fine for a few days then it won't. Any ides what it could be? thanks.

Sounds like your remotes both need a new Battery. It seems normal behaviour for the alarm to go off when the door is opened without the remote.

We had exactly the same problem with our Previa. Would happen about 7:15am as the wife was trying to get away in the morning but fine otherwise. Half hour later and it would work fine? We had new batteries in both fobs and still the same. We ended up locking the car manually with no alarm. I was beginning to think it was being caused by the remote temp sensor for a new weather station thing we got from ALDI's or a wireless network . Have you parked the car in a different place to see if it changes? Sorry I never did find the cause but as the wife now drives a RAV, and I don't get out of bed at that silly time I've not had the problem since. I always meant to start the car and drive it along the road a bit with the alarm going of course and then try the fobs again to see if it indeed had something to do with the location I was parked in (my drive)

• 1 year later...

Have got exactly the same problem - not resolved yet - have changed keyfob batteries and tried holding down both keyfob buttons together for 5secs, as recommended elsewhere - any clues?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links