Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Freesport Alarm/immobiliser

Wushi

Hi all, I'm new here and hoping your collective brains can help!

I've just brought a 3 door, 1998 Freesport with only the central locking working though the key, no immob fob. The previous owners said that the immob/alarm had broken and had got a Toyota garge to look at it and they advised to not use the alarm/immob. We asked to have the immob/alarm fob but they said they'd lost it and would forward it if they found it.

My questions are these:

Does this sound plausible (that it's broke and unrepairable)?

Has anyone had a similar problem? (don't know what the exact problem is, they were vague and don't know how to recreate without a key fob.

If it is, then the dealership I asked if they did replacement fobs, said that it'd probably have a scorpion alarm/immob and this was now unattainable and an after market alam/immob was my only option. Can anyone recommend one?

Any other ideas/advice would be a great help.

Hi all, I'm new here and hoping your collective brains can help!

I've just brought a 3 door, 1998 Freesport with only the central locking working though the key, no immob fob. The previous owners said that the immob/alarm had broken and had got a Toyota garge to look at it and they advised to not use the alarm/immob. We asked to have the immob/alarm fob but they said they'd lost it and would forward it if they found it.

My questions are these:

Does this sound plausible (that it's broke and unrepairable)?

Has anyone had a similar problem? (don't know what the exact problem is, they were vague and don't know how to recreate without a key fob.

If it is, then the dealership I asked if they did replacement fobs, said that it'd probably have a scorpion alarm/immob and this was now unattainable and an after market alam/immob was my only option. Can anyone recommend one?

Any other ideas/advice would be a great help.

The immobilisers around this period are past their sell by date. Check this forum and you'll see a string of sad owners.Don't try to go back. get a new one/up to date modern one fitted if you want - more reliable.

The scorpion company went bust in 1994/95 but systems may have been fitted to later cars. Either way forget it. get a new one.

The best idea I've heard is a switch on the ecu earth hidden so hot-wiring does nothing. Other methods introduce timing devices on the fuel pump. Balance it against thr value of the car.

thanks for advice, will get my boyfriend on to it!

Can anyone suggest a good aftermarket immob/alarm to fit?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links