Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3sgte In A 94 Celica Gt

FsX_94CelicaGT

Hey guys, i'm thinkin about buyin a 3sgte off of a JDM website for about 1300, but i'm not sure if what i would have to do to my car to get the 3sgte runnin rite. Anyone kno what i would have to do? i kno i would have to change the drive train, but besides that. any help would be appreciated

making it 4WD would be a massive job as the floorpans are different. but if you use an mr2 turbo box then you can fit it and keep it FWD. you will need the loom and ecu too. also if its an ST-205 engine then you will need the charge cooler, pump and sub radiator too. other than that should be a fairly straight swap. you will need an exhast too but may be best having one custom made from 3" stainless from the turbo back. :thumbsup:

also if its an ST-205 engine then you will need the charge cooler, pump and sub radiator too.

So if it was an st165 or st185 engine you dont need the chargecooler? :wacko:

well yes you would need the intercooler but as its an air to air there isnt a pump or sub rad. however you could go for a front mount :thumbsup:

well yes you would need the intercooler but as its an air to air there isnt a pump or sub rad. however you could go for a front mount :thumbsup:

Take his word for it!... he showed me his bits and i was most impressed with the job he had done!... :lol::rolleyes:

also if its an ST-205 engine then you will need the charge cooler, pump and sub radiator too.

So if it was an st165 or st185 engine you dont need the chargecooler? :wacko:

Same would go for the ST165 engine - it uses a charge cooler.

Don't really see too many rev1 3S-GTE's around though - worth trying to get the Rev3 or at least the Rev2 if you can.

So, how much u think that would all cost? too much for a 16 year old guy to afford prolly lol. But if i can afford it, i would REALLY love to have one of those engines. Street racers at my school would envy me lol. So which one would i have less trouble installing and spending less on?

http://www.total-boost.com/index.cfm/fusea...jdm_engines.htm

rev3 would give the most power in standard form unsure of cost but check out fensport as they can supply you with the conversion package. you can try the jap breakers as well. your biggest prob will be getting insured i pay £819 fully comp, 31years experience, full NCB and a limited milage policy with all mods declared. but i shudder to thik what a 17 yr old new driver would get quoted :eek:

Take his word for it!... he showed me his bits and i was most impressed with the job he had done!... :lol::rolleyes:

could you re phrase that. sounds rude. :eek:

So, how much u think that would all cost? too much for a 16 year old guy to afford prolly lol. But if i can afford it, i would REALLY love to have one of those engines. Street racers at my school would envy me lol. So which one would i have less trouble installing and spending less on?

http://www.total-boost.com/index.cfm/fusea...jdm_engines.htm

Mate to tell you the truth id forget all about doing this.

I'd be soooo surprised if you could find an insurance company who would insure you, let alone them doing it for under £4000!

Im 21, got a well paid job and the running costs/insurance of my GT4 are the the biggest outgoing from my wages every month and thats why im selling my GT4.

Make sure you carefully look into every cost involved in this or else your going to end up with a lump of steel which your not insured to drive or just cant afford to drive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links