Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Adjustment

jspec95

hello new to the forum with a few questions. i got a 95 celica 2.0L imported from japan. how can i adjust the clutch? i know i need a new one but i need to get the car in the garage to do it, any tips please? cheers

you CAN adjust the clutch , look under the pedal ,you will see a threaded bar , adjust this one way or the other ( not sure which way now ) you basically want the pedal to go down , this should get you some contact and get it moving . make sure to mark where it was on the threads and put it back before having a new clutch fitted . i moved this bar and got enough play to drive an mr2 2000 miles with it slipping on high revs .

its all here --- http://www.mr2-tech.com/bgb/mechanical/volume2/clutch.htm look in Check and Adjustment of Clutch Pedal

yep this is correct, there is a 12mm iirc nut behind the pedal that can adjust the biting point. Alot of people don't know this and replace the clutch when there is still some life left in it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links