Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Anybody Have Pics Of Door Seals?

Sadge

Hi, just heard from the dealer that I should be picking up my Aygo at the end of this week, and having already quizzed him about the leak and being assured it had been sorted (!) I'd very much like to be able to check the door seals before I drive it away.

I wondered if anybody had pics of the seals that leak and the new, improved version that don't - allegedly. :)

Thanks.

Hi, just heard from the dealer that I should be picking up my Aygo at the end of this week, and having already quizzed him about the leak and being assured it had been sorted (!) I'd very much like to be able to check the door seals before I drive it away.

I wondered if anybody had pics of the seals that leak and the new, improved version that don't - allegedly. :)

Thanks.

Hi

The new seal is an additional seal that runs along above the existing door seal. I don't think the original door seals were changed in any way. I think the problem was with deformed seals. The additonal seals just help keep a bit more water off the original seals!

Hope that makes sense.

Just nipped out to take you a pic. Sorry for the cak quality ('phone cam) but you get the idea. :)

Cheers

Lofty.

post-56333-1262600910_thumb.jpg

post-56333-1262600927_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to do that - hope you didn't get frozen! I must say I'm not overly impressed with the idea of just sticking on a bit extra, but I suppose if it does the job it's acceptable. Doubtless in a more expensive car they would have come up with a more aesthetic solution!

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to do that - hope you didn't get frozen! I must say I'm not overly impressed with the idea of just sticking on a bit extra, but I suppose if it does the job it's acceptable. Doubtless in a more expensive car they would have come up with a more aesthetic solution!

Haha, no probs. :)

To be honest, most other cars come from the factory with the twin seal affair. The Aygo is built down to a price, but I think this was one shortcut Toyota will be wishing they HADN'T made!

It does seem to have cured my leak *touches wood* :unsure: Although I suspect mine was cured by the replacement original door seal, as mine was deformed from new! No harm in belt and braces though.

Cheers

Lofty

I agree with Lofty, I don't think there's any difference between the old and new seals. They look the same to me (just wished I'd marked the old ones to check lol)

The "fix" has cured my fishpond problem though, even though I'm still waiting for the top seals to be fitted.

Btw, love the spoiler Lofty! :thumbsup:

Good Luck.

Bob.

Hi,

Would anyone have any paperwork with part numbers on for the modified/new rear door seals and top upper seals for a 5-dr. As I wanted to check our Toyota dealer was quoting us the correct parts, as they didn't seem to be totally 'with it' when describing the work to be carried out and we've been quoted £278 for modifying our Aygo!

Many thanks

Paul

Hi,

Would anyone have any paperwork with part numbers on for the modified/new rear door seals and top upper seals for a 5-dr. As I wanted to check our Toyota dealer was quoting us the correct parts, as they didn't seem to be totally 'with it' when describing the work to be carried out and we've been quoted £278 for modifying our Aygo!

Many thanks

Paul

Paul

I don't have the part numbers as it was done under warranty, but I can tell you that on mine, all four door seals and the boot seal were replaced as well as the two additional top seals added. Maybe the quote you've had is for all 7 seals ?? I seem to remember someone on here quoting £80ish for the "new" top seals (like the ones in my attached pics)

Lofty

Btw, love the spoiler Lofty! :thumbsup:

Bob.

Cheers Bob. :D

I think the Toyota one looks SOOOOOO much better than the TTE one.

Lofty

Hi,

Many thanks

Paul

Paul

I don't have the part numbers as it was done under warranty, but I can tell you that on mine, all four door seals and the boot seal were replaced as well as the two additional top seals added. Maybe the quote you've had is for all 7 seals ?? I seem to remember someone on here quoting £80ish for the "new" top seals (like the ones in my attached pics)

Lofty

Thanks for the info Lofty :thumbsup:

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links