Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4d Vsc Problem

Twigster

Hi all,

The VSC malfunction light is showing on my Nov. 2005 2.2 D4d.

Having taken the car to a dealer yesterday, I was informed that the fault is with the EGR valve, which gets block / clogged.

According to a post on the RAV4 forum, Toyota extended the warranty on the valve to 5 years as it is a design issue.

Does anyone know if this is true for the Verso as well?

Thanks a lot.

I think you should read this post

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...106241&st=0

Then print it out and take it to the dealer.

All modern diesels use EGR's in some form or another as well as the DPFS systems and DMF's. You can search any car forum and every manufacturer has the same issues with EGR's, DPFS and DMF's

Would cleaning it out and reseting the ECU solve the issue or did Mr T say it was worse than an blockage?

Dont pay out if it just needs a clean as you could do it yourself.

Thanks for the responses.

I took the car to the local dealer yesterday, and it will be done under the warranty extension for the EGR valve.

Good news, as the car is four and-a-half years old.

• 1 year later...

Hi Twigster

I seem to have a similar problem and have just put a new posting on the forum for helpful replies.

As a Halfords mechanic has already identified the EGR valve as the problem I am hopeful that replacing it will result in no warning lights. I appear only to have a lights problem as the vehicle's performance is relatively acceptable (06 2.2 T3).

What did you show to your dealer precisely to convince them to replace the valve under warranty. If I am lucky and warranty is taken from date of delivery, I may have a few days grace before the 5 years are up.

Did any other lights show when you had the fault?

I have the (engine shaped ) malfunction light, the VSC light and the TRC OFF lights all shining together.

As I have always used 5-30W oil at service and only occasional top-up and have paid over the odds for the V= Shell or Total excellium fuels for at least 3 and a half years it is disappointing that anything has got clogged by deposits. I have not suffered black smokes and the last long run 400 mile round trip returned over 45mpg.

Hope you are still listening as your post is over a year old!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links