Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Arb Bushes Shot After 6 Month

sedj

As above fitted some aftermarket ones at £25 the pair and thay are knackered after 5,000 miles. Question is where is best cheapest to get genuine toyo ones from, seen some on the bay for £55 is this the best option and will they last much longer ??

I am hoping the rubber in the genuine ones is of more substance as the ones fitted have perished and on one side has split in half offering no cushioning whatsoever!

As above fitted some aftermarket ones at £25 the pair and thay are knackered after 5,000 miles. Question is where is best cheapest to get genuine toyo ones from, seen some on the bay for £55 is this the best option and will they last much longer ??

I am hoping the rubber in the genuine ones is of more substance as the ones fitted have perished and on one side has split in half offering no cushioning whatsoever!

That's the trouble with buying cheap parts....You then have the hassle of replacing them with genuine parts and the hassle of having to pay again for them to be changed :angry: (If you don't change them yourself)

As for how long they last, my SR is 10yrs old next month and it still has the original ARB front bushes, car has done 84k aswell. :thumbsup:

That's testimony to the reliability of genuine parts.

That's the trouble with buying cheap parts....You then have the hassle of replacing them with genuine parts and the hassle of having to pay again for them to be changed :angry: (If you don't change them yourself)

As for how long they last, my SR is 10yrs old next month and it still has the original ARB front bushes, car has done 84k aswell. :thumbsup:

That's testimony to the reliability of genuine parts.

Looks like i will have to bite the bullet and do the job again with PROPER parts, what i do need if possible is an exploded view of which way round the bushes go as they may have been fitted wrong when i copied the original fitment?

ARB bush image

If you look at the image, you will see the inner section of the bolt - the shiny bit- has a squared off section for a spanner to fit for tightening. That should be at the top. You can't access it if it's at the bottom.

I bought a recognised pattern parts maker... Delphi .DELPHI TC1768 from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/maltbyservicestation/

see

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380212837626&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1306wt_939

If you look at the image, you will see the inner section of the bolt - the shiny bit- has a squared off section for a spanner to fit for tightening. That should be at the top. You can't access it if it's at the bottom.

I bought a recognised pattern parts maker... Delphi .DELPHI TC1768 from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/maltbyservicestation/

see

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380212837626&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1306wt_939

Cheers buddy, i probably will go genuine just to be sure i dont need to do it again in 6month.

Thanks for the orientation of the part :thumbsup:

Don't be surprised if the genuine ones also perish after 6 months. The quality of Toyota ones is also rubbish, but just cos they perish a bit or show cracks doesn't meant they're shot.

Don't be surprised if the genuine ones also perish after 6 months. The quality of Toyota ones is also rubbish, but just cos they perish a bit or show cracks doesn't meant they're shot.

Chris is right, mine are similar, perished around the edges but still solid in the middle.

One way you can test them is to grab hold of the roll bar and try to move it by hand. If there's any movement, the bushes are usually shot. No movement and they should be ok...well that's my theory! :blink::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links