Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Supercharger Ouil

215 compressor

thought id check the oil today on the supercharger and change it but thought i,ll see how much drains out got a bit of a shock at how little oil was left .will post pics later.

well got the oil changed on the supercharger so put some pics on just to show how easy it is to changed .

first remove to trim above the radiator 2 screws and a few clips and thats out of the way .

next remove the 2x 10 mm bolts holding the air pipe across the radiator and the clips at either end and thats out of the way

this bolt needs loosening as does the next picture before un doing the 6 bolts holding the intake manifold to the charger.

i then undid the hose clip to the throttle body .

then remove the intake and piping together

i then put some cloth under the charger drain plug just in case of any spilage then you need a small container to catch any oil when you remove the 14mm drain bung bolt at the bottom.

ive neglected to get a picture of the filler come dip stick but as soon as you remove the intake manifold you see the filler straight away.

you refill the oil through this hole and check the level with the dip stick but not !Removed! it in just place into hole and remove and check level .

this is the oil i removed bearing in mind i cut the bottom of a plastic cup to show the murky colour and the small amount taken out .

hope this helps anyone wanting to do theres

Good guide that mate! I just topped mine up few weeks back, it didn't need loads to be fair. It's a fiddely job, so was it not extra fiddly for yourself with the intercooler? Going to check it again I think sometime after next week when I can get hold of a gasket, just to see if its gone down any and get a feel of what consumption is like.

don,t think its any harder with mine having intercooler just pipes are a bit closer and underneath the charger

Did you use Kluber oil or did you use the oil supplied via eBay - I only ask as I recently received my oil via ebay(as recomended on here)?

Did you use Kluber oil or did you use the oil supplied via ebay - I only ask as I recently received my oil via ebay(as recomended on here)?

ye got the oil of eBay from america trying to get any in this country is ni on impossible unless you want to 200 litres which is not really practical

Yeh I changed mine the other day too, and seems as it starts out clear it changes colour quite a lot! Not too difficult to carry out and it gives you that extra piece of mind as well!

Well, I checked my supercharger oil yesterday and ended up topping her up. There was next to no oil in the charger which is crazy considering she's only done just shy of 6k. Happy now though as I don't need to worry about it anymore. For top ups I found that I did not need to remove the intake pipe from the manifold as there was enough give to access the dip stick. :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links