Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towing A Trailer With A Yaris

600rob

Has anyone got any experience or knowledge of towing a trailer with their Yaris.

Ive seen a few which have tow bars fitted which I think would come in handy for myself for transporting motorcycle on a trailer. I initially assumed that a 1.0 litre engine would be not enough to tow much with out blowing up however ive seen at least three for sale so this has got me thinking….

My question is, does anyone have any experience towing with the Yaris? Any thoughts, concerns, limitations, etc?

Thanks

Rob

My Father has a 1.0 Yaris with a Towbar on, he tows a little "Tin Box on wheels" type thing. For runs to the dump/recycling centre. I'm sure it would handle a Motorbike on a Trailer, but I've got no idea how it would handle anything with bodywork on ie small caravan.

Shame you're not nearer to me I have a Towbar for a Yaris in a shed somewhere.

thanks for the reply

No way would i attempt a caravan or anything like that. The maximum i would be towing is a sports bike weighing around 180kg, add to that the trailer weight. Id look for some sort if lightweight trailer to keep the load down.

would be interested to see if anyone else has towd with a yaris and what the load was.

Well according to Parkers the 1.0L Yaris is rated for 400kg towed weight for an un-braked load and 650 for a braked load.

It doesn't say whether the clutch will catch fire when trying to move off however! :lol:

Well according to Parkers the 1.0L Yaris is rated for 400kg towed weight for an un-braked load and 650 for a braked load.

It doesn't say whether the clutch will catch fire when trying to move off however! :lol:

400kg unbraked?

thats not too bad i guess, sufficient for what id need.

as for the clutch there would only be one way to find out!

:lol: You'd probably be better off towing the Yaris with the bike!

So going by the replies it looks has no one on the forum ever used a yaris to tow anything?

Looks like i could be the first test subject.....hopefully not the last. :wacko:

Edited by 600rob

I must admit I'd never even considered it as a possibility :lol:

Yaris has very good straight-line braking but I don't know what the pulling power of the 1.0 is like. If the trailer has quite low rolling resistance and is around 200kg or less I'd imagine it'd be okay tho'.

It's a pity you don't have a diesel Yaris; The extra torque would really help there!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links