Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Query And Rear Parking Aid Question

SteveFergy

Hi there..........having just taken delivery of my brand new Auris Hybrid last week (black metallic, privacy glass and protection pack). Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the ''beep'' made louder when you select reverse when parking? The beep on my Auris is quiet to say the least, and if you have the radio on it is nearly impossible to hear the beeping noise! Am still getting to grips with the camera that appears in the rear view mirror when u select reverse!

As an aside.....when I took delivery of my car I queried the fact that there was NO stainless steel rear bumper protection plate fitted. The dealer was quite nonchalent and just said ''that's how it comes from the factory''. It turns out that I have the brochure dated October 2010 which clearly shows and states the rear bumper scuff plate being fitted........but would appear that the 'newer' brochure doesn't include the rear bumper protection plate! Am annoyed at the fact that this useful 'strip' has now been taken out of the protection pack!

Also.....can anyone help me with getting the contacts from my iPhone 4 into the bluetooth on the Auris Hybrid? I can see NO way of doing this other than manually inputting contacts, one at a time and using the fiddly select button to input the names and contact details. (My previous car, a Peugeot 207cc had bluetooth and ALL my contacts appeared on the bluetooth screen once I had paired my phone with it.....and the Peugeot was 3 years old and had that functionality!) If this is something that can't be done with the Auris....then i think this is a VERY sad omission by Toyota! if anyone can help me with the parking aid 'beep' question and more importantly the Bluetooth question I would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

:lol: wow - someone that want's the beep louder!!! most people seem to want it switched off!!!!

Ask at the dealers, certainly on the Prius it's an option to turn it off, but as to the volume?? sorry, don't know.

All manufacturers amend/alter specifications as and when.... the early Gen2 Prius didn't have the rear camera, think they came in in 07/08?

As to pairing your I-phone.... sorry can't help on that one, my basic HTC, and the two nokia's that we have all paired, and transferred contacts, without any input from us!

I do seem to remember reading that I-phones don't behave well though, maybe it's something like Apple and Flash player??

:thumbsup:

:lol: wow - someone that want's the beep louder!!! most people seem to want it switched off!!!!

Ask at the dealers, certainly on the Prius it's an option to turn it off, but as to the volume?? sorry, don't know.

All manufacturers amend/alter specifications as and when.... the early Gen2 Prius didn't have the rear camera, think they came in in 07/08?

As to pairing your I-phone.... sorry can't help on that one, my basic HTC, and the two nokia's that we have all paired, and transferred contacts, without any input from us!

I do seem to remember reading that I-phones don't behave well though, maybe it's something like Apple and Flash player??

:thumbsup:

I also need the volume of my reversing sensors increased. Mine does not have the luxury of a camera and therefore the only indication of distance when reversing is the beeper. Mine was Toyota fitted but is so quiet that it cannot be heard if there is any other noise such as radio or traffic noise. Any help would be gratefully received.

DonPack

I used the steering audio controls to increase the volume whilst it is beeping, same as the woman who says your phone is connected :)

I think you will have to input your contacts one by one, more of an Apple and lack of standards on bluetooth thing rather than Toyota. Most modern smartphones have strange querks with what they can and cant do when connecting to bluetooth

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think you will have to input your contacts one by one, more of an Apple and lack of standards on Bluetooth thing rather than Toyota. Most modern smartphones have strange querks with what they can and cant do when connecting to Bluetooth

My HTC connected fine with both the Aygo and Prius but refuses point blank to connect to my I-pad, indeed the I-pad tells me that the HTC is not supported??? Apple's problem I feel.

Serves you right for having a s****y iPad :lol:

We get lots of connection / bluetooth questions and most of it is down to the phone (always make sure you have the latest firmware on your phone) or the lack of standards for Bluetooth/ phone connectivity

I never use the phonebook option because I'm always in and out of different cars, but my iPhone 4 always connects without any issues

EDIT The swear filter doesnt like S W A N K Y :D:

Edited by Parts-King

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links