Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Washer Motor

ToyotaDomo

Can someone tell me how to change the rear washer motor on a 2004 yaris 5dr? Please. No water coming out, no sound from motor, no blockage either :)

Not a Yaris owner but...

Washer pumps (normally there is just one) run in one direction for windscreen and in the other for rear window.

If anyone else can confirm this is so for the Yaris them you maybe have an electrical problem somewhere.

Can someone tell me how to change the rear washer motor on a 2004 yaris 5dr? Please. No water coming out, no sound from motor, no blockage either :)

Two pumps fitted to this car. You need to remove the near side wheel and the wheelarch liner. They are a push fit, do not loose the sealing grommet. However, if the pump is whirring find the 'antidrain' 'oneway' valve in the tailgate or just under the headlining it could well be faulty, mine was and I could see nothing wrong! replaced it £13 from toyota and everything was fine afterwards.

Regards Geoff Peace.

As above. There are two motors in the washer fluid tank inside the wheelarch in front of the wheel. The "higher" one will be the rear pump and the lower one the front pump (that way if the fluid is running low, the rear stops first...)

Before you dismantle, make sure you really can't hear the pump working by trying it with the ignition on but engine off. If you try and operate it whilst stood outside the car through the drivers window that's your best bet.

I didn't think I could hear mine at first, but when I tried it again with the engine off I could hear it.

Mine turned out to be simply a blocked jet - it had corroded up and bloked the nozzle through lack of use. Cleared it with a pin and its been just fine since.

Would have been really fed up if I'd dismantled all the wheel arch liner to get at the pump only to find it was a blocked nozzle!

If it really is the pump that's failed be aware that they are a silly amount from Mr T (other posts suggest £60 or so...).

If it was me I'd either live without it (I hardly ever use my rear washer anyway) or I'd buy a cheap "in line" generic washer pump from a car accessory shop, insert into the washer pipe near the tank and switch the electrical connections to connect to that new pump instead of the old broken one.

(Even though its broken and doesn't pump, you can leave it where it is and the fluid will just run through it into the new separate pump...)

http://www.wiperblades4u.co.uk/12v-Universal-Washer-Pump-EWP13.html

eBay item:Lucas 12v UNIVERSAL Windscreen Washer Pump WSB100 (#150635776038)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links