Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Trc / Vsc Light On All The Time.

tonyb73

Hello Everyone,

brand new to Forums so please be gentle with me. I have aa Avensis D4D TSpirit on a '54 plate. Recently i hit the TRC On/Off switch and since then the panel display light will not go off no matter how many times i switch on / off. I know my right rear tyre is borderline and is getting replaced this week. Can the car tell if you have bald tyres? I know technology is good but thats ridiculous.

Also where on earth are the fuses for it? The manual says fuses 13,and 87 but do not show which compartment they are in.

Any valid comments please.

Hello Everyone,

brand new to Forums so please be gentle with me. I have aa Avensis D4D TSpirit on a '54 plate. Recently i hit the TRC On/Off switch and since then the panel display light will not go off no matter how many times i switch on / off. I know my right rear tyre is borderline and is getting replaced this week. Can the car tell if you have bald tyres? I know technology is good but thats ridiculous.

Also where on earth are the fuses for it? The manual says fuses 13,and 87 but do not show which compartment they are in.

unplug the Battery negatice lead for 15 mins,

plug back in and see if the light has gone out.

If not get the code read and come back.

or replace tyre.

Hello Everyone,

or replace tyre.

Well I got a new tyre and the remaining 3 checked as not even half worn. I disconected the Negative lead for 15 minutes. It didnt cure the VSC / TRC problem but it did wipe all my saved data from my Sat Nav but hey ho this was bound to happen. How do I get the code read?

Regards

Tony

Hello Everyone,

or replace tyre.

Well I got a new tyre and the remaining 3 checked as not even half worn. I disconected the Negative lead for 15 minutes. It didnt cure the VSC / TRC problem but it did wipe all my saved data from my Sat Nav but hey ho this was bound to happen. How do I get the code read?

Regards

Tony

Take it to the a local garage and get them to read it

If not Mr T can read it but may cost you an arm or a leg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

or replace tyre.

Regards

Tony

Or8 Tony. Had a similar prob with my 07 D4D T SPIRIT. I turned TRC off, then the TRC/VSC lights would not go off. I bought an OBD Tester off eBay (code reader). Wised up on how to use it. For some reason I got a P0400 code. EGR Valve fault. Wised up on the EGR. Took it off. Cleaned it. Lights went out. Cleared the code. Job done for £20. Plus I've got a tester now & learned a bit about the engine. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links