Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4.3 Anti Roll Bar Drop Links?

Gods_gift

Hi All

I heard a clunk the other day when reversing out of my drive onto the street and it appears the drivers side rear anti-roll bar drop link has snapped (bit that goes through the wishbone). So I thought phone the dealer shouldn't be too hard to buy and fit expecting £40-60 for the part...

They quoted £98 per bar and a kit that includes 4 bushes and 2 nuts £136 so as you can imagine I was shocked.

So my questions are:

Does anyone know of an after market sources?

Does anyone make an uprated version that lasts for more that 5 years and isn't made of cheese!?

Any help appreciated.

Yep its a wild one but something I have done in the past....

If you know the part number, ring up Lexus parts dept and ask them for it....you never know it may be used across the Toyota/Lexus range. Might also be cheaper :D

If not you have a PM. £15 I belive :D

It sounds as if they've quoted you for the entire anti-roll bar (ARB). The drop-links are not expensive - check again at a T.parts desk - and tend to last really well.

The ARB rubber bushes don't last well at all, in my experience. I've found a polyurethane substitute, if anyone's interested. Has anyone else had worn-out bushes?

Chris

Send your VIN No to Kingo. He will give you accurate info.

Right progress first up some pics:

Pic 1 - snapped drop link from above:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76830781@N05/6892484341/

Pic 2 - snapped drop link from below:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0097009/photos/76830781@N05/6892483235/

Diag of Rear suspension setup I found:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0090009/photos/76830781@N05/6892507619/

Now Toyota still claim part 48830D is £95 plus bushes and nuts coming to £136 so I've gone a bit off piste and after much hunting ordered this:

https://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=16&cid=170&vid=939

Which as far as I can tell is exactly the same based on my v the blokes measurements. He's shipping it today so should have it tomorrow hopefully to try out. All in including bushes nuts shipping and vat £22

Not having a dig at the dealerships or i`m trying not too :mellow: .............but I have no idea where they get there prices from..............I have to just laugh if I ever go in there, at the prices :lol:

You can get Febi Bilstein parts at that price and you cant say they are a cheap make............they used to be OEM VW suppliers.

Its just a metal bar some rubber and a ball joint????????? £136 :cowboy: Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update fitted the replacement drop link and works a treat (will post photos tomorrow). It was 15mm longer and the bottom nut is 13mm but all other dimensions are the same. Going to change the otherside at the weekend. Not bad for £22 v £136.

• 7 months later...

Both drop links on my 2007 Rav were broken - Inchcape Toyota quoted a straight £450 to fix. My local garage Citroen Clinic West Bridgford Nottingham fitted new ones in no time at the total cost of just £166.

Sometimes I wonder about Toyota's pricing strategy!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links