Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc

anchorman

If anybody with a 4.3 wants to play in the snow I tried these instructions from the R4W site and it does work;

Begin with the parking brake off and the engine off.

Start engine.

Apply parking brake and press the footbrake twice then let the parking brake off again.

Press the footbrake and pull the parking brake on and off twice then let the footbrake off again.

Finally pull the parking brake on and press the brake twice.

The VSC light will now come on and stay on until you switch the ignition off again after which the VSC defaults to on again.

It may get you unstuck if the VSC interferes too much when stuck in a drift.

Regards

Sounds like fun...however we were bypassed by all that lovely snow....MAAAAN I need to move up north!!!

Sounds like fun...however we were bypassed by all that lovely snow....MAAAAN I need to move up north!!!

There's non here..............

yet! :naughty:

Weve had snow overhere on the Island today- it,s sent everyone into a mad panic. Don,t get much snow at all on IOM.

Just a comment on the German Rav4 website, it is a really quality looking site, the owners gallery is to die for.One problem how do you convert the German into English?

Clare

Weve had snow overhere on the Island today- it,s sent everyone into a mad panic. Don,t get much snow at all on IOM.

Just a comment on the German Rav4 website, it is a really quality looking site, the owners gallery is to die for.One problem how do you convert the German into English?

Clare

Threaten them with a SHOTGUN.

Clare

Well you could try bothy's method but a more diplomatic way is to open google translate;

http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en

Copy and paste the text into the translate box, drop down the box that says german to english then click "translate".

It comes out a bit mixed up but readable. Try it!

PS nothing to translate bothwell to english I'm afraid.

Cheers

Clare

Threaten them with a SHOTGUN.

Well, you can chuck it into google translate:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%...=en&ie=UTF8

http://www.google.com/translate_t

or babelfish:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

but the results aren't that good. I'm rubbish at languages, but it's probably the sentence structure of German (verbs going to the end of sentences and all that), which makes the auto translate poor. May have slightly more luck with French, at least the sentence structure is similar to English/Scottish.

To be honest, if you look at the links on the page, probably 50% is in English.

Now, talking of snow (I'm surprised you had some in IOM by the way) I had a quick look at their site too. Very often in Germany they will change to winter tyres. I wonder how they get on with the run flats there? I think (although I maybe mistaken) there was some comment about it on the site, that maybe they don't even have winter run flats - a big mistake for the German market.

I've only driven winter tyres on hire cars in Germany, but was amazed by the extra grip. Don't think they last too long though. The bigger diesel(petrol)heads than me on here, will probably have much more experience of it than me though, I expect.

Cheers

ps - opps sorry Anchorman, didn't mean to repeat, you just beat me to it!

I love using Bable fish...Google it... :D

It cracks me up when I translate stuff to or from german... having spent way tooooo much time in Germany I can speak the lingo.... although bable fish doesnt translate this properly one of my favorite word for word translations is Buestenhalter which literally translated comes over as Breastholder - LOVE it.... :rolleyes:

rgds

Rob

B)

one of my favorite word for word translations is Buestenhalter which literally translated comes over as Breastholder - LOVE it.... :rolleyes:

Rob, I can see the attraction. :D. Presumably though, it has to be measured in a standard British handful? :unsure:

I think my favourite German phrase is "eselsbrücke", because it always leaves me wondering who the donkey is :g:

I work quite closely with some French Engineers. It's a great way at becoming expert at swearing in a language, without knowing the rest of it.

As well as swapping sporting insults we also swap phrases or clichés.

My favourite is "fumer le tapis", literally "to smoke the carpet". It means to do something crazy, or have a crazy idea, as in - "Oh no, the mad rosbif Engineer is smoking the carpet again :rolleyes: ". Probably something to do with the hemp association with carpets. :balloon:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Actually it's a good hint in case you got stuck in mud, or even snow. When the car finds out a wheel loose grip, it "cuts off the gas" on that wheel. When there is no grip at all, on any of the four wheels, the car will not move. I read on a magazine a drive test with a guy driving a RAV4.3 and getting stuck in a puddle of mud a hand deep, and because he had no grip on any wheel, the car got stuck. (Really, I don't know how true is all this story, maybe the guy was a Tiguan fan ^_^ ).

Anyway, the engineers back at Toyota could have placed a button to turn off the VSC. It would have been much more easyer than pulling and pushing nine times the brake and brake-handle!.I have to say that is better than nothing.

Thanks for the hint, anchorman. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links