Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Gs Free-tronic Owners Manual

billythepiper

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get the owners hand book for a Yaris GS Free-tronic '99 model.

I've tried my local Toyota dealer who said it's out of print.

The Haynes manual doesn't cover the Free-tronic version, does anyone else do a manual on this car ?

I only want information on the oil filter, sump plug washer and type of oil etc as the car has done over 100,000 miles and a mechanic friend suggested changing the oil myself every 2000 miles or so.

Any help advice gratefully received.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get the owners hand book for a Yaris GS Free-tronic '99 model.

I've tried my local Toyota dealer who said it's out of print.

The Haynes manual doesn't cover the Free-tronic version, does anyone else do a manual on this car ?

I only want information on the oil filter, sump plug washer and type of oil etc as the car has done over 100,000 miles and a mechanic friend suggested changing the oil myself every 2000 miles or so.

Any help advice gratefully received.

There's no difference between the standard manual transmission models and the freetronic for these items. Shell Helix 10/40 is the recommendation from my local dealer.

2,000 miles seems a very short time interval between oil changes unless the car has been totally thrashed.

Mine's just had its 170,000 mile service and has just started to use oil. I had to put 2 litres in the engine between the 10, 000 mile service intervals.

You can order service packs from a Toyota parts supplier that includes all the consumable/replaceable items for a minor service. About £47.

regards,

Carole Heard

Service kits on eBay for £20 delivered in which you get an oil filter, air filter, drain plug washer and 4 spark plugs, all genuine Toyota parts for £20. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230336463820

Recommended oil is 5w30 in my owners manual which is about £20 for 5litres for genuine Toyota oil from a Toyota dealer. Or you can use Shell, Mobil etc. Mobil make the Toyota branded oil from what I read.

I use a fully synthetic Mobil oil in mine. Comes in a bronze container. Brilliant stuff!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links