Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid Light Pattern Question

Speed_Chaser

Hello everyone, especially those with HID kits installed on their cars...

I've noticed one thing which I haven't noticed before. Maybe I just did not

pay attention to it, but now I can really see it. When my lights are pointed

as far as possible with the control scroll wheel, I can see about 20cm wide bright

line on the right side of the left light's pattern (close to the center on the

left side). At first I thought it's that the two patterns, left and right do hit each

other at that point and that's why I'm getting "double" light. But when I tried

pointing my lights closer to the car (scrolled the control wheel), the whole pattern

of the left light was brighter than the other one. There wasn't any separate line

anymore, the place where the light hit the ground was brighter (because of the

different angle). Is that ok, or is there something wrong with my HIDs?

Best regards, Alex

With my kit i'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary like you describe. Mine are the same brightness.

Obvious question, are you sure you're lights are correctly adjusted. When I put my kit in I had to go through motions and re-adjust my lights to get them spot on. Works for me and I haven't been flashed yet.

Flip this for European drivers.

hidlightsadjuster.jpg

Forgive me if i'm teaching you to suck eggs...............

Remember if you have lowered suspension or non standard wheels/tyres then you probably won't have an initial height of 70cm.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice, Wastedagen!

I could try that, but before I have to ask, how to do the adjustment? Never done it before, just replaced the bulbs

and been driving so. I suppose it has to be done in a different way than just by turning the level scroll which is

placed next to the mirror levelling buttons...? I think I also should test that the bulb is firmly on it's place and not

coming loose, haven't got time to test that... Should try and look first and ask only after that. But I'm pretty sure

the problem is somewhere else, if there is one.

Best regards, Alex

Thanks for your advice, Wastedagen!

I could try that, but before I have to ask, how to do the adjustment? Never done it before, just replaced the bulbs

and been driving so. I suppose it has to be done in a different way than just by turning the level scroll which is

placed next to the mirror levelling buttons...? I think I also should test that the bulb is firmly on it's place and not

coming loose, haven't got time to test that... Should try and look first and ask only after that. But I'm pretty sure

the problem is somewhere else, if there is one.

Best regards, Alex

If all you did was put the new bulbs in then checking the alignment is a good start. But do check to see if the bulbs are still secure first.

To adjust the beam alignment, what you are looking for on each side of the car is this:

dscf2109.jpg

And if you look closely down each hole you will see these:

dscf2115.jpg

dscf2117p.jpg

Can't remember which one does up and down, and left and right.

I will stress though, when/if you do check you alignment and you get to the stage of reversing the car back 7m, do make sure you are reversing back dead straight. I.e 90 Degrees to the wall. Because if you reverse back at a slight angle and then adjust you lights to the marks you create on the wall, you will in fact have incorrect beam alignment.

Also what I did when I had set my beam alignment was, in turn, stand in front of each light. This then blocks one headlamp at a time and shows up the beam of the other head lamp much more. Or cover with a cloth and adjust one beam at a time to the marks on the wall.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the advices, will check the installation first and then check the alignment anyway, just to be sure. Have to wait for the weekend I guess, don't have time now. Will post the result on this topic when everything will be tested :)

Best regards, Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links